• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, prepare for a very long wait until shit starts getting explained in the show, and the prepared for the anger.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eureka loves made up words and phrases.

Most of those are references to things. Amita means endless or truth, depending on the application. Satori is the Japanese Buddhist term for awakening or enlightenment. It's not like the names were chosen randomly. They're actually relevant.

KLF, LFO, and Summer of Love are all music references. They are just kind of random to maintain a theme. :D

Just as a few examples.

jph139

Bleeps dropping, jeez.

I don't mind the "natural" approach to the terms... takes artistic integrity, I think, even if it can frustrate the viewer.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eureka Seven is one of those shows where it takes you awhile to really grasp everything. There's a lot that won't make complete sense at first.

Everything in the show is slowly peeled back, which makes it such a rewarding experience. Renton's father, his sister, Holland's history, the nature of Eureka and her kids, the nature of the world, the military, etc.

The show does a great job of making you feel like a teenager where adults are keeping everything from you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I really don't want to fuck it up for the new guys.

E7 is a quality show (that generates a lot of mixed opinions)

I'm just gonna re-watch Casshern fights while E7 airs though.

Seda

I know E7 gets a lot of hate in this thread and because of that I wasn't going to give it any chance, however practically everyone I've talked to who has seen it (but doesn't participate in this thread) tell me it's worth watching through.

Everything in the show is slowly peeled back, which makes it such a rewarding experience. Renton's father, his sister, Holland's history, he nature of Eureka and her kids, the nature of the world, etc.

The show does a great job of making you feel like a teenager where adults are keeping everything from you.

Agreed. It's an amazing experience, and one that is really rewarding as you go further through it, and reflect on everything. It's great just going back and seeing everything again from the beginning.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mon-Soono is another music reference. The Mon-Soono KLFs are all named for KORG synthesizer models. Just more of the music motif.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know E7 gets a lot of hate in this thread and because of that I wasn't going to give it any chance, however practically everyone I've talked to who has seen it (but doesn't participate in this thread) tell me it's work watching through.

The thing about E7 is that people are going to have all kinds of opinions on it - but very few people will go all out and say "don't watch it. its trash".

Its a quality show. That will leave you with a strong opinion on it either way once you're done. I'd never recommend it, but I'd never tell someone to avoid it either.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Agreed. It's an amazing experience, and one that is really rewarding as you go further through it, and reflect on everything. It's great just going back and seeing everything again from the beginning.

Definitely! And this is my first rewatch, although I've forgotten a lot it'll be interesting going through it knowing certain key things I'm advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom