• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

The way they pronounce Eureka still bothers me.

I mean, like, is it an accident? Did they not know it was already a word? Was it an INTENTIONAL mispronunciation? Is there some sort of in-universe explanation? Can they just... not say it the English/Greek way with Japanese phonetics?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"A hot kiss from Talho!"

KuGsj.gif

"What's with that reaction?!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The way they pronounce Eureka still bothers me.

I mean, like, is it an accident? Did they not know it was already a word? Was it an INTENTIONAL mispronunciation? Is there some sort of in-universe explanation? Can they just... not say it the English/Greek way with Japanese phonetics?

It's the way it's written in Japanese. If it was meant to be pronounced in the English manner, it would have been written as "yu-ri-ka" in Japanese, as opposed to "e-u-re-ka."

jph139

It's the way it's written in Japanese. If it was meant to be pronounced in the English manner, it would have been written as "yu-ri-ka" in Japanese, as opposed to "e-u-re-ka."

So it's just a coincidence? Or is it some sort of pun/general wordplay? Does it have any meaning in Japanese?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I had forgotten how intolerable Talho is at this stage.

Me too. But I know about later on so it's coo'.

In fact, like I said before, makes the catharsis much better that
Renton gets her on his side after all the shit she gave him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom