• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don't actually follow any shonen series? :p

What would you recommend that's been out recently that isn't One Piece?

Toriko, the Hunter x Hunter remake (it started out subpar, but has gotten really good), Blue Exorcist. Upcoming stuff that will be amazing: Magi, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Hell, I made a whole thread about this kind of stuff. Even has Deadman Wonderland in there.

yami4ct

Gonxo is, above all else, just a really frustrating studio to watch a show from.

A typical Gonzo show goes something like this:

Really strong and high production first couple of episodes that has you thinking "This will be awesome"
Show begins wandering aimlessly with random filler and lame episodes for the next 20 or so episodes
Hacked together ending that was clearly thought up at the last minute

Gonzo shows would be 100x more watchable if they kept a consistent quality of animation. I can put up with a lot of crap if a show is at least well animated.

yami4ct

Toriko, the Hunter x Hunter remake (it started out subpar, but has gotten really good), Blue Exorcist. Upcoming stuff that will be amazing: Magi, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Hell, I made a whole thread about this kind of stuff. Even has Deadman Wonderland in there.

I support all of these. If you aren't intimidated by length, One Piece is a good pickup as well. Recently got into it and am having a crap ton of fun.

Amikami

Banned
I thought it was Lyuze's sister at first, but it makes since considering Leda is a special robot.

Oh! The feels are coming early.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, did that opening mean that ... Leda is Casshern's mother or something? So many questions.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh God. Ringo. OH GOD.

GOD, PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THESE FEELS

I liked Full Metal Panic quite a bit. It managed to avoid a lot of their typical problems. People usually say great things about Gankutsuou, but I haven't seen enough of that to form an opinion on it.

Ah I've heard FMP is good too. Hmm....

Ah sweet.

But weren't you one of the ones really down on DMW when it was announced for Toonami? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom