• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is Gonzo really a "hack studio"? I have to admit, the only other Gonzo series I've seen was the original Hellsing... which was, admittedly, REALLY hacky and not justice at all to the source material, but I still sort of enjoyed it. In a "so good it's bad" way.

You're a filthy shounen fan? Why haven't we hung out?

Because I don't actually follow any shonen series? :p

What would you recommend that's been out recently that isn't One Piece?

yami4ct

As a filthy shonen fan I am actually growing to tolerate Bleach... at least I understand it. :p This show I don't "get..."

Why couldn't DRRR be in this slot. :( :( :( :(

There's nothing wrong with a good shonen show, Bleach just isn't one. Man, I'd kill for Toonami to pick up Ome Piece or Hunter X Hunter. I realize neither will happen because One Piece already had its chance and failed and Hunter X Hunter isn't even licensed, but I can dream.

joe2187

Banned
Did he just grab that dude's nuts?

Totally legit move

Mgs4_punch.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There's nothing wrong with a good shonen show, Bleach just isn't one. Man, I'd kill for Toonami to pick up Ome Piece or Hunter X Hunter. I realize neither will happen because One Piece already had its chance and failed and Hunter X Hunter isn't even licensed, but I can dream.

The original Hunter X Hunter anime is licensed. Viz released it all on DVD already.

Is Gonzo really a "hack studio"? I have to admit, the only other Gonzo series I've seen was the original Hellsing... which was, admittedly, REALLY hacky and not justice at all to the source material, but I still sort of enjoyed it. In a "so good it's bad" way.

Gonxo is, above all else, just a really frustrating studio to watch a show from.

A typical Gonzo show goes something like this:

Really strong and high production first couple of episodes that has you thinking "This will be awesome"
Show begins wandering aimlessly with random filler and lame episodes for the next 20 or so episodes
Hacked together ending that was clearly thought up at the last minute

yami4ct

The original Hunter X Hunter anime is licensed. Viz released it all on DVD already.
Sure. I was talking about the new one. I'd rather them grab the one that has a chance to adapt the whole series. Also, I'm a horrible person for this, but I like the animation better in the new one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aww yeah, Dio Sins time!

Gonxo is, above all else, just a really frustrating studio to watch a show from.

A typical Gonzo show goes something like this:

Really strong and high production first couple of episodes that has you thinking "This will be awesome"
Show begins wandering aimlessly with random filler and lame episodes for the next 20 or so episodes
Hacked together ending that was clearly thought up at the last minute

Sounds about right. I really, absolutely hate series like that.

What's Gonzo's best series in your opinion?

Aww yeah, Dio Sins time!

Sounds about right. I really, absolutely hate series like that.

What's Gonzo's best series in your opinion?

I liked Full Metal Panic quite a bit. It managed to avoid a lot of their typical problems. People usually say great things about Gankutsuou, but I haven't seen enough of that to form an opinion on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom