• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Throbbing with pain" And something else of mine is throbbing hehehehehe

Sorry, just so many undertones that it's too easy.

We actually managed to devour Casshern.

No one is allowed to kill Casshern but me.

Note: My avatar has changed to fit recent revelations. The few of you on here who now know who I am will be able to read every one of my future posts in Dio's voice. You're welcome.

Now really, good night everyone. Have fun tonight!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I don't really get this show... the characters... the bad guy (is there one?)... like... OK, bandits attacking the town are bad... but there's no real drive... It feels like wants to be an episodic show but instead has a plot that runs completely through episodes.

No one is allowed to kill Casshern but me.

Note: My avatar has changed to fit the revelation so the few of you on here who now know who I am will be able to read every one of my future posts in Dio's voice. You're welcome.

Now really, good night everyone. Have fun tonight!

Oh wow, I'm actually doing it. Mmmm dat voice.

I don't really get this show... the characters... the bad guy (is there one?)... like... OK, bandits attacking the town are bad... but there's no real drive... It feels like wants to be an episodic show but instead has a plot that runs completely through episodes.

It's almost like it's a mediocre remake of a legendary movie being made by a hack studio with a reputation for terrible paced shows.

Heihachi you say?
images

joe2187

Banned

Take classic great film about samurai

remove the originality and personality, replace everything else with generic cliches and ROBOTS!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's almost like it's a mediocre remake of a legendary movie being made by a hack studio with a reputation for terrible paced shows.

Yes, it's almost like that's the case... or maybe it is. :p

Take classic great film about samurai

remove the originality and personality, replace everything else with generic cliches and ROBOTS!

I just know most of ToonamiGAF seems to like it a lot, so I always feel a little bad I don't. Dat peer pressure. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I just know most of ToonamiGAF seems to like it a lot, so I always feel a little bad I don't. Dat peer pressure. :(

Well I mean it look better when compared to what comes before, if it's lead in was like Baccano or something it'd be shit.

Amikami

Banned

If I wasn't watching with gaf, I wouldn't watch at all. It's the gaf discussion and joking that makes it good, imo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well I mean it look better when compared to what comes before, if it's lead in was like Baccano or something it'd be shit.

As a filthy shonen fan I am actually growing to tolerate Bleach... at least I understand it. :p This show I don't "get..."

Why couldn't DRRR be in this slot. :( :( :( :(

yami4ct

Samurai7 isn't the most insultingly bad show I've ever watched, it just isn't super awesome. The fact that it's based on one of the greatest films ever made just makes it feel like more of an insult than if it was completely unrelated. I appreciate the fact that it's something a bit more light hearted before grim dark Casshern.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh God I'm imagining watching DRRR right now and discussing it ITT... it's amazing.

Everyone, quick, come join me in my mind's alternate dimension.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Seriously, all this show is making me want to do now is go and pull the DVD of the film off of my shelf and watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom