• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I can shed some light on the situation with One Piece since I voiced Kaku in Funi's dub.

As much as we all want One Piece on Toonami, the truth of the matter is that the dub is simply too big of a task to dole out on a once a week basis. We're providing fans with the dubs as they are recorded online and we have plans to release full box sets of the dubs going forward. But, as it stands, unless we were to start with a Fishman Island dub and go weekly alongside the Japanese show as it airs, there's no way we'd be able to catch up and satiate the needs of the viewers and fans if we were going to air once a week on Toonami.

Like I mentioned in the Pokemon Community thread, I'm a huge fan of the manga and read the fan translations as they release each week so I'd love nothing more than for us to essentially do a fresh reboot, start dubbing the post-war arc episodes and backlog dub everything we've missed pre-timeskip as we have time but right now, that's just not a possibility.

PS: Nice avatar 789shadow!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week on Toonami, there's almost too much to talk about. Hitsugaya unleashes his ultimate technique on Halibel, the samurai have an encounter with the Moribito, Casshern arrives at Luna's castle, and the Gekko crew take on a job to capture a suspected terrorist. After that, it's the Toonami debuts of Sym-Bionic Titans and the new Thundercats! Even later, the inhuman hordes are unleashed upon Central HQ, Batou confronts some demons from his past while Togusa tries to piece together the mystery of the Laughing Man, and finally we wrap it all up with some Bebop. Welcome back, Space Cowboy.

12:00 - Bleach - 274 - Hitsugaya, the Desperate Hyōten Hyakkasō!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 8 - The Guardians
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 20 - For Whom Do the Flowers Bloom?
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 8 - Glorious Brilliance
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 1 - Escape to Sherman High
2:30 - Thundercats - 1 - Omens, Part One
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 51 - The Immortal Legion
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 52 - Combined Strength
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 10 - JUNGLE CRUISE
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 11 - PORTRAITZ
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 1 - Asteroid Blues
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 2 - Stray Dog Strut

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I feel like I can shed some light on the situation with One Piece since I voiced Kaku in Funi's dub.

As much as we all want One Piece on Toonami, the truth of the matter is that the dub is simply too big of a task to dole out on a once a week basis. We're providing fans with the dubs as they are recorded online and we have plans to release full box sets of the dubs going forward. But, as it stands, unless we were to start with a Fishman Island dub and go weekly alongside the Japanese show as it airs, there's no way we'd be able to catch up and satiate the needs of the viewers and fans if we were going to air once a week on Toonami.

Like I mentioned in the Pokemon Community thread, I'm a huge fan of the manga and read the fan translations as they release each week so I'd love nothing more than for us to essentially do a fresh reboot, start dubbing the post-war arc episodes and backlog dub everything we've missed pre-timeskip as we have time but right now, that's just not a possibility.

We're not asking to be ultra caught up. Bleach was always 2-3 years behind until it got cancelled/Inuyasha'd.

Still, I think my idea could work. Air 2 episodes Monday-Friday until the beginning of Season 4, then air "new" episodes on Toonami weekly. Sure, we'd be eight years behind but it's better than nothing. *sighs* It's never going to achieve Bleach levels of popularity in the States is it?

At least the manga seems to be doing well now, despite Viz's shoddy translations.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to see it replaced with the original FMA... would really like to see that :)

Does [as] have the rights to the original?

Not since they acquired Brotherhood, no.

Also, FMA doesn't end until the 17th, not the 10th. My guess would be either Big O II or FLCL, as either would be done by New Years (with FLCL being done even before Xmas).

Not since they acquired Brotherhood, no.

Also, FMA doesn't end until the 17th, not the 10th. My guess would be either Big O II or FLCL, as either would be done by New Years (with FLCL being done even before Xmas).

I want it to be FLCL even though I already own the Blu-Ray. MORE PEOPLE MUST KNOW ABOUT FLCL.

Drago

Ya, haven't seen FLCL either, lol. I'd love to see it go on though... the more good anime, the better! :p

Also, is it really so short that it would be finished in a few weeks time?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still hate FLCL. And I usually like the weird/comedy combo.

Give me Excel Saga or Hare Nochi Guu or Zetsubou-sensei or Mawaru Penguin Drum (although I'm not sure that fits in with the others) over FLCL. :p

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still hate FLCL. And I usually like the weird/comedy combo.

Give me Excel Saga or Hare Nochi Guu or Zetsubou-sensei or Mawaru Penguin Drum (although I'm not sure that fits in with the others) over FLCL. :p

As much as I like Penguindrum, I can't see it ever getting on Toonami. It just isn't Toonami's "thing"

Zetsubou will never happen. lolz

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Penguindrum turns into a rape/inceststravaganza pretty quickly, so I can't see it ever getting on Toonami.

Oh come on, there wasn't THAT much rape. :p

And it involved the same two people switching roles as attempted rapist and rapee, so it's like they cancel out for 0 rape!

Deadman wonderland DUB on youtube?

Nice.

Minatsuki_Sadistic.png

I can watch this episode all day, every day.

I have to honestly say this episode was amazing partly for the "BLEEPS" replacing the actual words. What a night on gaf. Loved that episode.

Yeah, that episode was hyped up from the moment Deadman started on Toonami, and it didn't disappoint at all. The gaf reaction made it 10x better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The GAF reaction makes EVERYTHING better. Toonami is the kind of thing you watch with friends or bros or whatever, it feels like it's always been that way...well at least it was for me growing up.

Raxus

Yeah, that episode was hyped up from the moment Deadman started on Toonami, and it didn't disappoint at all. The gaf reaction made it 10x better.

Imagine if they played the OVA at the end of the series. The bleeps would have been glorious. Sadly I think that is exactly the reason it never saw air.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SO who amongst GAF is actually going to stay up for this 6 hour monstrosity?

I'll probably stop after Titan, but I may stop before as trying to re-watch it will be a bittersweet experience (damn you Cartoon Network and your hate of giant robots).

Seda

I haven't seen GitS before, so I want to watch with GAF. Tonight I am for sure, but I may end up DVRing it or whatever/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom