• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I guess I'll watch Casshern and FMA and skim the rest... but it's not the same without the chat.

That is the correct move. Sans chat, Casshern is the only thing worth a damn. Bleach is kind of abysmal, S7 is boring, FMA:B I have well voiced issues with, and E7 won't get real great for a few more weeks. GitS is still nice if you haven't seen it already.

As long as we're designing dream line-ups, I think I'd love something like this

Tiger and Bunny
One Piece
Outlaw Star
G Gundam
Great western action show: Batman the Animated Series, maybe?
Another western show that's not Thundercats
Yu Yu Hakusho
Yu Yu Hakusho
FLCL
Big O
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop

Seda

That is the correct move. Sans chat, Casshern is the only thing worth a damn. Bleach is kind of abysmal, S7 is boring, FMA:B I have well voiced issues with, and E7 won't get real great for a few more weeks. GitS is still nice if you haven't seen it already.

As long as we're designing dream line-ups, I think I'd love something like this

Tiger and Bunny
One Piece
Outlaw Star
G Gundam
Great western action show: Batman the Animated Series, maybe?
Another western show that's not Thundercats
Yu Yu Hakusho
Yu Yu Hakusho
FLCL
Big O
Cowboy Bebop
Cowboy Bebop

My dream line-up

Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet

(you get the picture)
which is admittedly, most shows.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've seen it twice I think. I really do enjoy it. Nothing else quite like it out there. Makes me wish they made another season.

Rumors are the dude behind it will return after he's done with whatever he's doing, I think.

yami4ct

Rumors are the dude behind it will return after he's done with whatever he's doing, I think.

I really hope so. I love the movies in a very different way, but the series does some great stuff on a week to week basis that I just want more of.

My dream line-up

Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet
Show I havent seen yet

(you get the picture)
which is admittedly, most shows.

Ideally, I'd love that, but the realities of tv licensing always get in the way of that amazing dream. :(

Seda

Ideally, I'd love that, but the realities of tv licensing always get in the way of that amazing dream. :(

Nah it's easy! All you have to do is be like me and not watch anime or other TV shows for most of your adolescent life. :/ There's a good likelyhood any show they put on their I havent seen it.

I just wanted to say a few things too:

I think everything should be spoiler tagged, regardless if it's Bleach or Casshern or Bebop, for events that haven't aired in the current running of the show. There's no harm in doing so, and it's painless to make spoiler tags or to read through them if you want. This way, no one can get upset.

Also feel free to voice any opinions about the shows. Just remember to not dismiss opinions that don't coincide with your own. Don't feel intimated if you don't like a show many other seem to enjoy, or vice versa.

yami4ct

You know, Neon Alley actually has a number of those titles from those "dream lineups".
I wonder if it will catch on after all.

If it were free and ad-supported, I'd be totally into it. Heck, I'd be into it for the T&B dub alone. The fact that I'm a broke ass college student means I just can't afford another monthly subscription.

The line-up is great, but the fact that it's a subscription is going to kill it. Also, it's PS3 only at the start, right? Another really dumb move. The big "premiers" are dubs, which most people willing to watch anime online don't want. I think people are already tired of being nickel and dimed to death with monthly fees as it is. The fact that it's dub based just puts another nail in that coffin.

Jintor

Goddamnit is that Tai's voice actor in the chatroom

Urgh, this isn't a great dub episode. Voice talent aside, which is pretty good, this just doesn't really support it...

Ultratech

Goddamnit is that Tai's voice actor in the chatroom

Urgh, this isn't a great dub episode. Voice talent aside, which is pretty good, this just doesn't really support it...

You're talking about the chat log being in Japanese the entire time, I presume? Or some of the other stuff shown?

I think it works for the most part, since they're mostly just talking anyways.

Cranzor

I feel like the only person in this thread who is really enjoying Samurai 7.

I'll try and stay up as late as I can next Saturday, but I was dozing off during Ghost in the Shell so that's not a good sign.

Seda

I'll try and stay up as late as I can next Saturday, but I was dozing off during Ghost in the Shell so that's not a good sign.

Nah I'm liking it too. That first half of lat episode was WTF with the animation, but so far I'm liking it. All the samurai have been introduced, now I expect an episode or two where Kyuzo joins and they finally accept Kiku as one of them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It's not too bad, I like it better than Bleach but that isn't saying much.

789shadow

Banned
Nah I'm liking it too. That first half of lat episode was WTF with the animation, but so far I'm liking it. All the samurai have been introduced, now I expect an episode or two where Kyuzo joins and they finally accept Kiku as one of them.
Kiku is the 7th samurai. Katsushiro is #5.

Hiltz

I still think Full Metal Panic would be a great fit for Adult Swim. Anyway, I'm not fond of Samurai Seven and Casshern Sins is just ridiculous. I'm done with that show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I still think Full Metal Panic would be a great fit for Adult Swim since it provides action and comedy.

100% agree, Fumoffu is god tier comedy, the first series is a good mix and the second raid is great action. Plus it's a Funi show, so yea. They should grab it when Bleach ends.

Amikami

Banned

Naw. I'm enjoying it actually. More than I thought I would. At first, I was just missing Deadman Wonderland, but now that I've settled in to S7, it's not so bad. I agree that I can enjoy it better than bleach.

100% agree, Fumoffu is god tier comedy, the first series is a good mix and the second raid is great action. Plus it's a Funi show, so yea. They should grab it when Bleach ends.

When is Bleach ending anyways?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Naw. I'm enjoying it actually. More than I thought I would. At first, I was just missing Deadman Wonderland, but now that I've settled in to S7, it's not so bad. I agree that I can enjoy it better than bleach.

When is Bleach ending anyways?

Not for a while I think, I think it ends when Aizen trolling arc ends. But that could be a year from now based on the pacing.

yami4ct

Not for a while I think, I think it ends when Aizen trolling arc ends. But that could be a year from now based on the pacing.

There's one more short arc afterward. It's even worse. We've got 93 episodes left, which means over a year and a half left with no breaks. That's far too much for my taste.

B.K.

It will be gone, but then will get brought back InuYasha: Final Act-style. Just when you think you're rid of it, it will haunt the toonami line-up once more.

That won't be for years though. Most of us will probably be dead by the time the final arc of the manga is finished and ready to be animated.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The heck is a
Fullbringer
? And why wouldn't the whole thing end after
Aizen's defeat
?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm going to be sitting through this crap week after week, I wanna know what's coming. >_>

Raxus

Someone mentioned Tiger Bunny earlier and I was wondering how the localization was going. I am hoping that Toonami will broadcast it when the time comes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going to be sitting through this crap week after week, I wanna know what's coming. >_>

The purest
form of trolling (Aizen)
, followed by
filler
, followed by
utter crap (fullbringers, basically regular schmucks with shitty powers)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Black bars ahoy.

Following Aizen's defeat, Ichigo loses his powers (this is going by the manga, he probably has them during the long-ass filler arc) and returns home. There he meets Aizen 2, called that because he looks exactly like him, but mostly because I forgot his actual name. Aizen 2 promises to restore Ichigo's powers and reveals he's a Fullbringer, someone who got powers when their mother was attacked by a Hollow. There's other Fullbringers, including a guy that looks like King Bradley from FMA, a girl that looks like Perona from One Piece, some kid obsessed with his PSP, and a black chick with super-boots or something.

Chad is also part of this group, as we get story #12 on why Chad has powers. There's another Fullbringer that was exiled, his power is the ability to alter memories making it seem like he was always there. He's nicknamed Aizen 3. Shit happens, Ichigo gets some Fullbringer powers, turns out Aizen 2 was evil all along, and Ichigo is at a low point again. That's when Rukia shows up, restabs him, and restores his Shinigami powers. Making this arc completely pointless. Other Shinigami show up and they curbstomp the Fullbringers. With Ichigo killing Aizen 2 This felt like a filler arc, but actually made by Kubo.

Also, don't expect Chad and Orihime to do anything either. Just like every other arc before this.

And that is where the anime ends. Blah.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black bars ahoy.

Following Aizen's defeat, Ichigo loses his powers (this is going by the manga, he probably has them during the long-ass filler arc) and returns home. There he meets Aizen 2, called that because he looks exactly like him, but mostly because I forgot his actual name. Aizen 2 promises to restore Ichigo's powers and reveals he's a Fullbringer, someone who got powers when their mother was attacked by a Hollow. There's other Fullbringers, including a guy that looks like King Bradley from FMA, a girl that looks like Perona from One Piece, some kid obsessed with his PSP, and a black chick with super-boots or something.

Chad is also part of this group, as we get story #12 on why Chad has powers. There's another Fullbringer that was exiled, his power is the ability to alter memories making it seem like he was always there. He's nicknamed Aizen 3. Shit happens, Ichigo gets some Fullbringer powers, turns out Aizen 2 was evil all along, and Ichigo is at a low point again. That's when Rukia shows up, restabs him, and restores his Shinigami powers. Making this arc completely pointless. Other Shinigami show up and they curbstomp the Fullbringers. With Ichigo killing Aizen 2 This felt like a filler arc, but actually made by Kubo.

Also, don't expect Chad and Orihime to do anything either. Just like every other arc before this.

And that is where the anime ends. Blah.

w

t

f

...I'm sorry I asked. Oh God.

Ezalc

Best Line Up:

Tiger & Bunny
G Gundam
Outlaw Star
Batman Beyond
Yu Yu Hakusho