• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why is all high school stuff in every media ever so completely out of touch with reality? Less "homage" and more "lazy plot device..."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is all high school stuff in every media ever so completely out of touch with reality? Less "homage" and more "lazy plot device..."

If I remember right they're poking fun at the shows that depict high school like this, it gets more obvious in other eps I think.

jph139

They really play it up in this show - it's very much intentionally "genericized." It's a pastiche of every 80s sitcom, teen movie, and so forth.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What makes the cancellation worse?

Character development! The people that hate them at first start growing to accept them and their weirdness.

Jeez, thinking of how good this show got just hurts more.

Amikami

Banned
Yeah. I'm definitely liking this. Everthing from the action to the art and animation is good. I'm curious to see more of the story as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom