• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, that's true, but this woman was just so OTT!

She was pretty damn crazy. Oh well. See ya next week, Toonami-GAF.

ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

Jintor

The drama's not about not killing Envy [they all outright admit he needs to die], the drama is about the way in which Mustang does it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'll never understood how they couldn't get a toyline for Sym-Bionic Titan. From the first two episodes, here some ideas.

Titan (duh)
Lance
Lance's robot suit
Ilana (at least 3-4 versions with different outfits, one notable thing about the show is that she has different clothes every episode)
Ilana's robot suit
Octus in robot form
Octus in Newton disguise
Octus in "Dad" disguise
The fire Muttradi in the first episode
The five-headed Ghidroah-esque Muttradi in the second episode
General Modula
The King (Ilana's father, we never got a name)
Solomon

There, I just thought of your fucking toyline!

In Bleach news, there's only 91 episodes left until it's done. That's still 2014, but at least we can count down each week until this bullshit finally ends. Bring in another series like.... *sighs* Don't say it, it's not going to happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll never understood how they couldn't get a toyline for Sym-Bionic Titan. From the first two episodes, here some ideas.

Titan (duh)
Lance
Lance's robot suit
Ilana (at least 3-4 versions with different outfits, one notable thing about the show is that she has different clothes every episode)
Ilana's robot suit
Octus in robot form
Octus in Newton disguise
Octus in "Dad" disguise
The fire Muttradi in the first episode
The five-headed Ghidroah-esque Muttradi in the second episode
General Modula
The King (Ilana's father, we never got a name)
Solomon

There, I just thought of your fucking toyline!

In Bleach news, there's only 91 episodes left until it's done. That's still 2014, but at least we can count down each week until this bullshit finally ends. Bring in another series like.... *sighs* Don't say it, it's not going to happen.

Seriously, there is no excuse for cancelling this show. You'd have to be dumb not to see the obvious toyline and the good press the show would bring in (thing was award bait and CN needs good press every now and again to stay relevant).

Never was a bigger injustice done, other than what happened to Samurai Jack. Now that was a travesty.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I don't know if you guys heard, but it turns out Afro Gunsou was just some crazy dude impersonating Jerry Jewell. Always had my suspicions about the guy.

Seda

Why would somebody do that? Eventually the real person or somebody who knows him is going to figure out and call you out on it.

BatDan

Wow, that is dickish. At least the troll was smart to impersonate a voice actor that isn't too well known.
At least this means everything he said was false. Meaning One Piece may still have a chance on Toonami. *wishful thinking*

Ha. So someone else (soviet prince) figured out Afro's true identity and Takao was used to pass on the information to others leading to Takao getting all the credit. I guess it's only fitting that Afro was outted Case Closed style. And now for good measure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbRvORwrY0

I know it's called Detective Conan in Japan. Whatevs.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ha. So someone else (soviet prince) figured out Afro's true identity and Takao was used to pass on the information to others leading to Takao getting all the credit. I guess it's only fitting that Afro was outted Case Closed style. And now for good measure, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbRvORwrY0

I know it's called Detective Conan in Japan. Whatevs.
It seems like, in the end, that One Truth Prevails!

... I enjoyed watching that show so much, when it came on Adult Swim. Those Friday Cliffhangers! ARGH! And every time I see one of the movies at an anime con, I make sure to watch it, dubbed or subbed :/

Sucks that it wasn't really him, as it was cool to say one shared space with such a talented voice. Sucks more that it was a guy taking credit for his deeds.

It would have been cool! :(

BatDan

I'm gonna miss Casshern once that's finished. I wonder what show they'll get next.

I'm hoping Persona 4: The Animation.
It would actually make sense from a promotional standpoint. Casshern Sins ends on November 3rd, meaning something will go in on the 10th. Persona 4 Golden comes out November 20th.
Though Persona 4 might be too pricey for Toonami, but we'll see. It's still doing well.

ezekial45

Banned
:(

On the bright side, this means what he said about One Piece not having a chance was not true (not false either.)
I don't think it ever will. There are far too many episodes for it to run only on Saturday nights. I'd love for it to be there, but it's just not going to happen.

Anyway, has DeMarco or Blum commented on how the block has been doing over these last few months? I know it started out with not much change, but it seemed have built up since then. The expansion to the midnight run seems like a indicator for things to be working out so far.

Seda

I don't think it ever will. There are far too many episodes for it to run only on Saturday nights. I'd love for it to be there, but it's just not going to happen.

Anyway, has DeMarco or Blum commented on how the block has been doing over these last few months? I know it started out with not much change, but it seemed have built up since then. The expansion to the midnight run seems like a indicator for things to be working out so far.

Most recent:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43144053&postcount=17094

Cranzor

I've been watching Mushi-Shi lately and it's fantastic. I think it would be a good fit for Toonami. It's not as action oriented as the other shows though, which may hurt its chances.

789shadow

Banned
Hey, at the rate this thread is moving with the new 6 hour block (about 10 pages every Saturday) it should only be two weeks until new OT time.

There are people who dislike DRRR?! :(

PS: ToonamiGAF, found my Baccano DVDs! Gonna watch this weekend, hopefully. Y'all are good people! If I didn't time shift Toonami I'd be right here with everyone while it aired; been watching since Space Ghost.

Azure J

I feel so bad for dropping out of the loop with Toonami and Toonami-GAF over these past few weeks, but I just wanna say, it's cool to see that this is popular enough to get a second OT at such a quick clip.

Seda

I can make the new thread, unless somebody else want to flex their creative muscles. The current OP is mine (I had Kagari place it in for me). I like simple and short. Just the show lineup (w/ links to wikis for easy access). I'd keep it updated for changes of course.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can make the new thread, unless somebody else want to flex their creative muscles. The current OP is mine (I had Kagari place it in for me). I like simple and short. Just the show lineup (w/ links to wikis for easy access). I'd keep it updated for changes of course.

Definitely would like it to be like the current OP if possible. You should definitely do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom