• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I really need to pay more attention to him on twitter, he's always tantalizing.

As an aside, does ToonamiGAF (AKA the helpful, responsive subsection of AnimeGAF) have thoughts on Detroit Metal City? I'm a big Metalocalypse fan, and Bamboo's latest Shelf Life (and the fact that it's super-cheap at RightStuf) has me interested.

Drago

So I've finally caught up on the first four episodes of Bebop.

It is some real good shit. I'll definitely be up for it this week

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I've finally caught up on the first four episodes of Bebop.

It is some real good shit. I'll definitely be up for it this week

You're in for a treat this week.

Also, looking into the future a little bit, November 3 (the night Casshern ends) will also be Daylight Savings night, so you're getting a bonus hour of Toonami that night. Continuing a "tradition" apparently begun a year ago, this year's Daylight Savings bonus hour will once again be filled by 4 episodes of Off the Air, which will run between that night's episodes of Thundercats and Fullmetal.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You're in for a treat this week.

Also, looking into the future a little bit, November 3 (the night Casshern ends) will also be Daylight Savings night, so you're getting a bonus hour of Toonami that night. Continuing a "tradition" apparently begun a year ago, this year's Daylight Savings bonus hour will once again be filled by 4 episodes of Off the Air, which will run between that night's episodes of Thundercats and Fullmetal.

I foresee much complaining, but Off the Air is pretty hilarious.

I call it, replace Casshern Sins with it. o_o

4bc628d9f8a596ee3449.png

or The Future Diary.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fairy Tail is a decent-ish B-tier shounen. What I've read of the manga is probably not on the level of the absolute best of Bleach (the best parts of the Soul Society Arc) but is a hell of a lot better than most of the rest of Bleach. What little I saw of the anime adaptation was pretty shitty and low budget with some really awful looking CG for spell effects, though. Don't know if they've fixed that over time or not.

Tonight on Toonami, Soifon fights Death from Castlevania, the assembled samurai make their way back to the village, Casshern's just been curbstomped, the Gekko takes flight, Sym-Bionic Titan keeps adding collateral damage, the Thundercats begin their search for the Book of Omens, King Bradley makes his boss return, the Tachikomas wax philosophical, and for those of you checking out Bebop for the first time, we've a real treat for you in the graveyard slot tonight in the form of Ballad of Fallen Angels.

12:00 - Bleach - 276 - One Hit Kill, Soifon, Bankai!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 10 - The Journey
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 22 - A Drop Called Eternal
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 10 - Higher Than The Sun
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 3 - Elephant Logic
2:30 - Thundercats - 3 - Ramlak Rising
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 55 - The Adults' Way of Life
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 56 - The Return of the Fuhrer
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 14 - ¥€$
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 15 - MACHINES DÉSIRANTES
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 6 - Sympathy for the Devil

B.K.

I was out of town last week and missed Casshern. I need to watch it sometime today and get caught up for tonight. Did I miss a lot of feels?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I had a dream DRR season 2 was announced. And it was a long, vivid, semi-coherent dream too.

I awake, as always, disappointed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I do. T_T

Even want to read the light novels but they've only been translated by fans and which ones are done is patchy.

Drago

So only an hour until tonight's block! wooo

Also, DeMarco had this to say on Twitter:
19 Oct Jason DeMarco ‏@Clarknova1
#toonami fans! Tomorrow nights [tonight] new goodie will be a sweet ass PROMO. Guess what show??

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Casshern ends in two more weeks. Maybe it's a promo for a replacement.

I suppose it is possible. Demarco did say they were making efforts to not spoil the new show on the backdoor schedule, so this would be the last week for them to announce a replacement show on the air without either 1) giving it away on the schedule servlet or 2) posting false schedules until the week of broadcast.

The false schedule seems more likely to me, though.

B.K.

They should put Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Universe back on, since Funimation has both now. They need to get Lain, too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Full Metal Panic would be a decent enough fit for Toonami too now that I think of it. Decent mix of both comedy and action and it has what can be described as one of the funniest seasons of any animated show.

Drago

Full Metal Panic would be a decent enough fit for Toonami too now that I think of it. Decent mix of both comedy and action and it has what can be described as one of the funniest seasons of any animated show.

I love comedy (so long as it's good) so I'd be cool with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom