• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So what exactly happened with the fake Dio that was posting here? How'd he get caught?

Go back a couple weeks in this thread. I linked to the thread where he was uncovered as a fake. Basically someone in one of the PSABR threads contacted Jerry Jewell's girlfriend and manager and found that he doesn't post on GAF, and actually didn't even know what GAF was.

Drago

Said by someone on the [as] Toonami boards...

Like I promised some of you, my DVR goes up to 2 weeks so I can find out what the extra show is that we get for Daylight Savings Time. Turns out...there IS no extra show. The extra hour will be...Eureka 7. Yep, you read that right, in two weeks we get 3 eps of Eureka 7 in a row.

So...that's it. That's what we get. Nothing new, nothing old, nothing special. Just an extra hour of Eureka.

Sigh...to quote Kevin Kline in 'A Fish Called Wanda'- Disappointed!!

But a plus for me, I get an extra hour of sleep.

I'm ok with this but I'm sure there are quite a few who aren't :/
Also, I must say, some of the posters on the [as] board are so pissy

Maron

Go back a couple weeks in this thread. I linked to the thread where he was uncovered as a fake. Basically someone in one of the PSABR threads contacted Jerry Jewell's girlfriend and manager and found that he doesn't post on GAF, and actually didn't even know what GAF was.

Oh wow...I PMed that guy a few weeks back and everything. Asked a bit about One Piece, thought it was a bit odd that he said he reads the latest chapters (nothing unheard of, but still).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I couldn't wait. I went ahead and watched the last two episodes of Casshern. GAF is going to be on suicide watch after the final episode.

I just stared into emptiness for hours...

then i watched the last episode and thought about why?

Preble

There was a new "Better Cartoon Show" promo last nite. TOM also said there was gonna be a game review for a Wreck It Ralph game.

I'm glad Toonami is really starting to get stronger and better advertised.

There was a new "Better Cartoon Show" promo last nite. TOM also said there was gonna be a game review for a Wreck It Ralph game.

I'm glad Toonami is really starting to get stronger and better advertised.

So true, also the logo is finally trademarked. Good thinking, adult swim.

f048aa6352707865a1e2.png

wreck.gif

Drago

Reviewing Fix it Felix Jr. seems really odd, but ok! I'll take it! Very hyped for Wreck It Ralph :)

The fact that Disney wants to advertise during Toonami must be a good sign of success so far, no? Or I am wrong about that... :|

Seda

Reviewing Fix it Felix Jr. seems really odd, but ok! I'll take it! Very hyped for Wreck It Ralph :)

The fact that Disney wants to advertise during Toonami must be a good sign of success so far, no? Or I am wrong about that... :|

I'd think it's a good sign.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Boo.

And it isn't impossible, they could get the rights back. Who else is gonna air it? Nick? Pfft.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Some early morning news from Jason Demarco's twitter feed.

#toonami news! For our daylight savings hour, we'll be re-airing INUYASHA eps 1 and 2. There will also be a little Easter egg...

...for you olde school #toonnami fans. THIS saturday, look for our Wreck-It Ralph review thing, and in the next week or two...

...the #toonami tumblr will go live! We'll be updating it several times a week with music, art, promo links, and other stuff. xoxo

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Said by someone on the [as] Toonami boards...

I'm ok with this but I'm sure there are quite a few who aren't :/
Also, I must say, some of the posters on the [as] board are so pissy

If I had noticed this before Demarco's post today I would have said:

1) The vast majority of ASMB posters are not to be trusted and are really obnoxious (and this is coming from someone with limited partial mod powers on that board)

2) DVR schedules are always always always 100% wrong on special schedules, April Fools pranks, and Daylight Savings adjustments.

I am a little bummed about Inuyasha going in the Daylight Savings slot since I was kind of looking forward to having Off the Air there, but the more important thing is that this might be some foreshadowing of what's coming the week after...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Casshern is gonna overload everyone's feel capacitors tonight. The finale will just leave you looking like the dude from the end of Blade Runner.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Casshern is gonna overload everyone's feel capacitors tonight. The finale will just leave you looking like the dude from the end of Blade Runner.

You mean tomorrow, right?

Excited for the Toonami Tumblr. Finally some good media straight from the source. Hunting down official Toonami art has been a super pain.

You mean tomorrow, right?

Excited for the Toonami Tumblr. Finally some good media straight from the source. Hunting down official Toonami art has been a super pain.
I was actually digging through an old hard drive the other day and found tons of old official AS anime / Toonami art from around 2001! It's all kind of ugly, unfortunately, but some of it is fairly high-res. Could upload at some point if anyone's interested!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Easter Egg is for "olde school Toonami fans." So doubtful it would be Final Act related considering Inuyasha was never a part of Toonami (until next week).

BUT the fact that they are putting Inuyasha on at all might be the only real hint about Final Act necessary.

There is currently no show scheduled for 1:00 am on November 10 on the backdoor servlet, which is presumably what DeMarco was referring to when he said they were taking steps to make sure the new lineup didn't leak early on the schedule.

Okey dokey

Next weekend is gonna be hectic for me cause I'll be at Youmacon all day Saturday. Wonder if there'll be a Toonami viewing party going on

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okey dokey

Next weekend is gonna be hectic for me cause I'll be at Youmacon all day Saturday. Wonder if there'll be a Toonami viewing party going on

That would be legit crazy, the only thing I could think of that would be cooler would be a ToonamiGAF viewing party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom