• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Possibly an extremely stupid question but if Toonami gets Inuyasha: TFA would I be able to watch and enjoy (and understand) without having watched the original series? ._.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did they ever finish that show? I'd actually buy the last season just to watch the ending.

Jack? No it got canned right after the Emmy win for some god forsaken reason. There have been whispers of a movie to cap the series off, but nothing more than that. Yet. If there is confirmation you can be damn sure I'll be making a thread about it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Possibly an extremely stupid question but if Toonami gets Inuyasha: TFA would I be able to watch and enjoy (and understand) without having watched the original series? ._.

Hmm, well, it'd probably be easier than most long-running animes since Inuyasha was 95% episodic self-contained episodes and like 5% plot, but you'll still probably be somewhat confused.

Depending on how long the World Series game takes, I might not make it home in time for the start of Toonami tonight. I hope to at least make it home before 12:30

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

You'll probably have no fucking idea what's going on in episode 1 at least, but Inuyasha is fairly straightforward once you get past how many versions of Naraku there are, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to get up to speed on the basic elements. If you want a fast primer, tune in to daylight savings time next week. That will at least give you the basic setup of the franchise.

This week on Toonami, Shunsui and Starrk continue their battle, the samurai arrive at Kana Village, Casshern and Dio face off one more time, Gekkostate comes across a Coralian and a precocious girl named Anemone, Lance takes up vigilante justice, the Thundercats encounter the Lizards, things turn from bad to worse for the Fullmetal Alchemist and friends, Batou goes undercover while Aramaki and the Major head to London, and Bebop takes us home with some heavy metal and a trip to Venus.

12:00 - Bleach - 277 - Climax! Kyouraku vs. Starrk!
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 11 - The Village
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 23 - Those Who Return
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 11 - Into The Nature
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 4 - The Phantom Ninja
2:30 - Thundercats - 4 - Song of the Petalars
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 57 - Eternal Leave
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 58 - Sacrifices
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 16 - Ag2O
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 17 - ANGEL'S SHARE
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 7 - Heavy Metal Queen
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 8 - Waltz for Venus

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well we only need $40 more.

COME ON TOONAMIGAF WE HAVE TO DO THIS

If everyone would just donate $1 for every time they watch a Hot Pockets commercial... OK, they'd be broke. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How are we gonna get this money together... I guess one of us would have to hold it any make the donation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How are we gonna get this money together... I guess one of us would have to hold it any make the donation.

That would probably work, but how would we get the money to that person. If we had a week I'd say just mail it (since we don't all have paypal), but it needs to be fast. Maybe an ebay item? Put up a card or something on ebay and we all buy it then you take it down. Don't have to send us anything and they money is together. Problem solved?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Paypal has a send-money-to option, which is why I brought it up. Just need to know the holder's email account. All it really needs is a Paypal account and credit/debit card.

Are small scale kickstarters easy to throw together?

We have like, a day lol. It probably wouldn't even be approved/rejected in that short amount of time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are small scale kickstarters easy to throw together?

Dunno, someone see if they can put one together real fast.

EDIT: Guess not. I think scamming the ebay system would work. Go put something up and just link it here real fast so we can all "buy" it.

Drago

So this thread is going to go past 20,500 posts tonight, almost certainly. Here's to the last week in this thread... even though I missed ~85% of it :p

Seda

I believe Seda is doing it

I was planning on just reposting the current OP basically. I mean, the only thing people care about in the OP is the lineup right? I'll keep it updated and current with the current running shows. I guess I could post what the current episode is for the current week, but I doubt that is really necessary.

Can use a new title or something maybe.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toonami |OT| Time to Push the Button
Toonami |OT| Stay Gold Toonami Faithful
Toonami |OT| Only Toonami

Just some suggestions.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ibvmVuj7KDZfFj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom