• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Uuuugh, why is the Bleach dub so bad. For every good actor there's two that sound lifeless or like they're reading off a script. ><

Tamanon

Banned
Uuuugh, why is the Bleach dub so bad. For every good actor there's two that sound lifeless or like they're reading off a script. ><

They changed several of the actors recently, although the Kuchiki clan normally does sound pretty serious.

I don't like the direction the filler has gone since the big fight ended yesterday.

Yeah that's the only issue I have with the dub...no energy.

It;s fine for the overly dramatic shit but for the wackiness it doesn't fit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So a thing has escaped and the solution... is throw a party. Suddenly, One Piece filler feels amazing.

Sophia

They changed several of the actors recently, although the Kuchiki clan normally does sound pretty serious.

I don't like the direction the filler has gone since the big fight ended yesterday.

I don't usually keep up on the dub. I've seen scattered episodes here and there of it, and my opinion has always been the same.

I wish FUNimation had gotten Bleach. As much as I dislike some of their editing, they generally tend to have good ADR directors and a generally competent crew of voice actors.

Yeah that's the only issue I have with the dub...no energy.

It;s fine for the overly dramatic shit but for the wackiness it doesn't fit.

Well that's a problem with a lot of dubs, and has been since the 90s. They can nail the melodrama, but when it comes to anything slice of life it sounds like they're reading off a script.

bananas

Banned
Bleach...

BLEACH!!!!

M5vN0.gif

Azure J

I forgot how much the Bleach anime tries to force the faux drama angle. At the same time though, this show always had a great soundtrack.

Edit: Seriously Soul Eater is just prime Toonami stuff. Shard is makking me hate that it never got a full adaptation on par with how Bones did Episode 1.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't usually keep up on the dub. I've seen scattered episodes here and there of it, and my opinion has always been the same.

I wish FUNimation had gotten Bleach. As much as I dislike some of their editing, they generally tend to have good ADR directors and a generally competent crew of voice actors.

Well that's a problem with a lot of dubs, and has been since the 90s. They can nail the melodrama, but when it comes to anything slice of life it sounds like they're reading off a script.

JYB still does a really good Ichigo at least. I'm mostly annoyed that they changed Kenpachi's voice actor.:/

Sophia

JYB still does a really good Ichigo at least. I'm mostly annoyed that they changed Kenpachi's voice actor.:/

JYB is an exceptional actor, and can usually overcome whatever stupid direction decisions or role pigeonholing he's thrown into. Which seems to happen a loooot.

It's the secondary characters like the Captains in Soul Society and (in this filler arc) the Zanpakutou spirits that sound awful, and they're in much more massive numbers than Ichigo/Rukia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom