• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The consensus on Deadman is negative? The premise sounds really interesting.

Well I saw the 12 episodes. The first 2-4 episodes are introduction then it develops more an its crazy action all over the place. The cast is enjoyable IMO and they look good. And the story its enjoyable once its pick ups.

The problems are the anime its too short. 12 episodes. There are moment where the animation can be clunky (Specifically the first episode), they cut stuff from the manga and its left unfinished since after the ending of the anime there is way more after that and leaving it like that wasnt a good decision.

Overall the show is very entertaining with nice premises but too short for its own good.

wwm0nkey

Well I saw the 12 episodes. The first 2-4 episodes are introduction then it develops more an its crazy action all over the place. The cast is enjoyable IMO and they look good. And the story its enjoyable once its pick ups.

The problems are the anime its too short. 12 episodes. There are moment where the animation can be clunky (Specifically the first episode), they cut stuff from the manga and its left unfinished since after the ending of the anime there is way more after that and leaving it like that wasnt a good decision.

Overall the show is very entertaining with nice premises but too short for its own good.

Still hope it gets a season 2

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The consensus is all over the place. I've seen people call it amazing and I've seen people call it the worst thing ever. The only actual consensus is the anime isn't as good as the manga.

It will be interesting to see how non-animegaf reacts to it.

The consensus isn't all over-the-place. Any reasonable person agrees that the show is shit.:D

man if they had a new episode of Avatar on today it would have been the best Saturday.

Oh well time to watch adventure time while waiting until midnight.

Junie12

Damn this is on tonight? Shit I totally forgot all about this
KuGsj.gif

Still don't know what shows will be on but will be watching to support Toonami.

Not looking at the OP cause I want it to be a surprise like last time :p

Belfast

Should've been some One Piece in there. I think it's popularity really could've always benefit from one of those awesome Toonami promos.

My dream line-up:

12 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Gundam Wing
1 - Soul Eater
1:30 - Cowboy Beebop
2:00 - Tenchi Muyo
2:30 - Lupin III

Sweet Jesus that would be awesome...

Should've been some One Piece in there. I think it's popularity really could've always benefit from one of those awesome Toonami promos.

The funds may have not be there for AS to get One Piece. Though, I agree that One Piece would be fantastic for Toonami.

My dream line-up:

12 - DBZ Kai
12:30 - Gundam Wing
1 - Soul Eater
1:30 - Cowboy Beebop
2:00 - Tenchi Muyo
2:30 - Lupin III

Sweet Jesus that would be awesome...

Besides Kai, that sounds like an awful lineup.

It pisses me off that Cartoon Network seems to be screwing up a sure thing like this, by trying to be cautious and just rebranding the [adult swim] anime block and adding a couple of new shows when giving Toonami it's own block of time (preferably during CN hours rather than [as] hours), using a good mix of new shows and the classics the fans are demanding and trying to advertise it to the kids as much as they are the adults would basically be a license to print money and would probably recoup whatever it cost them to get Naruto and DBZ. This is especially bullshit because they were willing to blow much more money on trying to rebrand the entire network in order to foucus on live action shows a couple of years ago, which was something no one watching Cartoon Network wanted and was doomed to failure from the start. By comparison, pretty much everyone was wanting the Toonami revival, but Cartoon Network seems intent on fucking up the unfuckupable. I'll still be watching and hoping that things will improve if the ratings are high enough, but I can easily see this being canceled within a year.

It pisses me off that Cartoon Network seems to be screwing up a sure thing like this, by trying to be cautious and just rebranding the [adult swim] anime block and adding a couple of new shows when giving Toonami it's own block of time (preferably during CN hours rather than [as] hours), using a good mix of new shows and the classics the fans are demanding and trying to advertise it to the kids as much as they are the adults would basically be a license to print money and would probably recoup whatever it cost them to get Naruto and DBZ. This is especially bullshit because they were willing to blow much more money on trying to rebrand the entire network in order to foucus on live action shows a couple of years ago, which was something no one watching Cartoon Network wanted and was doomed to failure from the start. By comparison, pretty much everyone was wanting the Toonami revival, but Cartoon Network seems intent on fucking up the unfuckupable. I'll still be watching and hoping that things will improve if the ratings are high enough, but I can easily see this being canceled within a year.

Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are separate entities. They share channel space, but they're not the same network.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They should put Tenchi Muyo: GXP on there to continue the Tenchi series being on Toonami.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
MEH at that lineup. Little kid shows and garbo anime. BeBop is good, bring back Trigun and Outlaw Star.

Moaradin

There gonna be any streams of this? Will definitely tune in on my TV, but rather watch on my monitor. I'm literally using the same TV that I used to watch Toonami back in the day.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll be tuning in some, just for that nostalgic feeling, plus to see "if" there's any new Tom.

DId the record anything new for that, or are they reusing some of the older bits

Epcott

Eh, I thought what they covered was plenty interesting. But you're right, what happens afterwards is even more interesting and it would have been nice if they made it that far. Maybe if this does really well, it could happen (but probably not).

Doesn't help that the manga is now on hiatus :/

Yeah, it's a shame they haven't made it to season 2, of any recent anime I watched or manga I've read, Deadman Wonderland doesn't drag (well... except for near the end and the
forgeries
section.

You really never know who's going to live and who's going to die, I love that brutality. My only gripe is how censored the anime is.

Not really sure what to think of Cashern Sins. It's like they were looking for something depressing, and "tah dah" they founds it!

Seda

I'll be tuning in some, just for that nostalgic feeling, plus to see "if" there's any new Tom.

Did the record anything new for that, or are they reusing some of the older bits

Going by how much Steve Blum has been pushing for this to happen ever since April, I bet he recorded new stuff.

bananas

Banned

DId the record anything new for that, or are they reusing some of the older bits

It's an update TOM 3.0.

Here were the teaser images posted yesterday:

dc7f1fd6a6ab11e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

9959ddeaa6ab11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

048c6664a6ac11e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

Deadman Wonderland? I'm suprised that's airing, the manga was gory as crap and I'm only read the 1st four books.

Casshern: Sins aired already on Funi right (Which FioS no longer supported since March 15th)?

... I'm okay with the lineup as long as most of DW is left somewhat intact, which I don't see how that's possible. I know this isn't 2002 S & P here, but still... that manga is basically SAW-level of gore.

For the record, I've love to see Claymore on [as]. It's a much better version of Tokko, which aired on Sci-Fi.

Casshern Sins...

Oh no. I vowed never to watch that show again. Slow and monotone both in visuals and story.

The plot is WE ARE ALL VERY SAD OMG LOOK AT HOW SAD WE ARE SAD SAD SAD HEY ROBOTS FIGHTING THAT WOULD BE COOL IF IT WASN'T FOR HOW SAD WE ARE LOOK AT HOW SAD WE ARE I MEAN SERIOUSLY WE'RE ALL DYING IT SUCKS SO WE ARE ALL SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD THIS SHOW IS ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS SERIOUSLY SHAME MOST OF IT IS BEING MISERABLE AND APPALINGLY BORING SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD.

Dunno how I'll be able to tune in to this. UK based and no TV.

Hiltz

Deadman Wonderland? I'm suprised that's airing, the manga was gory as crap and I'm only read the 1st four books.

Casshern: Sins aired already on Funi right (Which FioS no longer supported since March 15th)?

... I'm okay with the lineup as long as most of DW is left intact, which I don't how that's possible. I know this isn't 2002 S & P here, but still...

For the record, I've love to see Claymore on [as]. It's a much better version of Tokko, which aired on Sci-Fi.

I haven't seen Claymore but Tokko was awful.

I haven't seen Claymore but Tokko was awful.
It's a much better take on the whole "we have this monstrous powers" thing, only with a much better story and characters you actually give a damn about. At least in the manga that was the case. Dunno how they treated the animation though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom