• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law-the-that-thing-i-sentcha-timeline.jpg

Hey, you get that thing I sent ya?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Toonami could be the one thing that not only brings One Piece to glory in the states, but it could also be the biggest avenue to push for a Soul Eater "Brotherhood" anime with all the style of the current series and the actual content from the manga.

Support this shit, goddamit. :lol

On another note, I wonder if we could actually see it move from the weekends to weekdays if the right amount of ratings and content came through.

blSgb.jpg

FMA Brotherhood is better than the first Full Metal Alchemist anime, but only because of the strength of the source material. Lust vs Mustang was just getting underway in the manga when the first FMA anime finished airing.

the first anime was a well-done original story with high production values based on taking the exposition of the manga and largely creating its own plot and personalities for the individual characters. It was given the best production team Bones had to offer.

Brotherhood is, well, it's kind of a by-the-motions direct adaptation of an excellent shounen manga, given to a C-tier production team with very little experience. I can't help but think it was done this way to allow the crew members to hone their skills while being able to rely on the strength of the source material to mask their own shortcomings.

The result is an inconsistently-paced show with good battle animations, excellent voice actors, sub-par music production values compared to the beautiful soundtrack of the first anime, and questionable storyline omissions and directing. Character development suffers compared to the manga, and the non-battle scenes fail to take advantage of the medium's strengths, or give adequate attention to anyone except the Elric Brothers.

Worst of all is how the Greed and Ishval arcs were handled.
The strength of the source material doesn't make up for the anime's shortcomings compared to the first one, in my opinion.

Toonami could be the one thing that not only brings One Piece to glory in the states, but it could also be the biggest avenue to push for a Soul Eater "Brotherhood" anime with all the style of the current series and the actual content from the manga.

Support this shit, goddamit. :lol

On another note, I wonder if we could actually see it move from the weekends to weekdays if the right amount of ratings and content came through.
The Soul Eater manga is actually good?

wowzors

FLCL
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop (Wolf's Rain also would be nice)
Outlaw Star
Dead Mans Wonderland (maybe never heard of it but just read the wiki)

and im set. anyone watch Cat Planet Cuties? I just watched it all and felt like the worlds biggest perv.

Soma

Bleach eh.

Eh, what the hell it's been years since I've watched an episode of this.

I have literally no clue which arc this is going to be at.

Hey there Tom, you're looking great! Did you lose weight? New haircut? What's this? Toonami? Oh, you shouldn't have. Don't mind if I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom