• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadman Wonderland, Bleach, and Brotherhood.
ijfxkk.gif

SykoTech

Should've been some One Piece in there. I think it's popularity really could've always benefit from one of those awesome Toonami promos.

I'd tune in every night if One Piece got in the lineup. Not going to hold my breath though.

Watching Teen Titans on Boomerang right now. I guess it's nostalgia night between that and Toonami coming back.

Branduil

You forgot SAC, too.

Ghost in the Shell's manga is seinen, according to wikipedia, for what that's worth. Though from what I understand the manga is quite different from the animated versions, unlike the pretty faithful adaptations of the other shows I mentioned.

Bleach, sure. I haven't seen the anime for deadman wonderland, but if its anything like the manga, hell no.

You're right. Even kids could see through the insipidly stupid and ludicrous "plot" presented in Deadman Wonderland.

Bleach, sure.
DMW, haven't seen it.

But FMA has some pretty dark moments, to the point where I wouldn't classify it as a "kids" show :p
You'll love the manga of DMW. Kiddy as Hell. Check it out at your local library, goood clean kiddy stuff. You got kids? Let them read it!

zethren

Banned
You'll love the manga of DMW. Kiddy as Hell. Check it out at your local library, goood clean kiddy stuff. You got kids? Let them read it!

Haha, nah don't have kids. But yeah I'll be watching tonight and see what it's all about. Glad there are some new shows airing on Toonami. Would like to find a new show to keep up with each week in addition to GoT.

Haha, nah don't have kids. But yeah I'll be watching tonight and see what it's all about. Glad there are some new shows airing on Toonami. Would like to find a new show to keep up with each week in addition to GoT.
Well the amount of episodes are disappointing, so I figure the length of DMW will prime them to acquire Inuyasha: The Final Act by Fall. We on the [as] boards all know it's coming, just don't know when. Would be kinda dumb not to get it since it helped launched [adult swim] back in the day.
Anyways Toonami was always a block for kids in the past, no reason for it not to continue.
Toonami also ran from 4-6 or 5-7 pm, you couldn't show anything too violent at those timeslots. Did I mention the whole S & P thing?

Ultratech

Toonami also ran from 4-6 or 5-7 pm, you couldn't show anything too violent at those timeslots.

Aw yeah...those were the days. Although the whole thing about not being too violent seems ironic considering they were showing stuff like DBZ, Ruroni Kenshin, G Gundam, and Yu Yu Hakusho, and they were all about fighting.

On a unrealted note I'm kinda sad no non-Japapanese anime shows are a part of Toonami. It wasn't all-anime all the time... like I said the premise was "bringing you the best action shows on the planet". Dammit where's my The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest?
Aw yeah...those were the days. Although the shows being too violent seems ironic considering they were showing stuff like DBZ, Ruroni Kenshin, G Gundam, and Yu Yu Hakusho, and they were all about fighting.
DBZ - HOT BLOODED MEN FIGHTING AND "that's all the time we have for now, we'll see you next time on Dragon Ball Z!!"
Rurouni Kenshin - Heart of Sword. All day.
G Gundam - HOT BLOODED MEN FIGHTING and SHINING FINGER.
Yu Yu Hakusho - One of the many series I rented on VHS to see it unedited. My God at the amount of shit that was cut. I mean it was no Outlaw Star, but still...

I miss 1999-2000 sometimes.

Jintor

Titans is on! Mad Mod woo!

You know, I personally think TT is better than YJ. It's more consistent, anyway. Even if we don't get Jaime Reyes and Meghann.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
DBZ - HOT BLOODED MEN FIGHTING AND "that's all the time we have for now, we'll see you next time on Dragon Ball Z!!"
Rurouni Kenshin - Heart of Sword. All day.
G Gundam - HOT BLOODED MEN FIGHTING and SHINING FINGER.
Yu Yu Hakusho - One of the many series I rented on VHS to see it unedited. My God at the amount of shit that was cut. I mean it was no Outlaw Star, but still...

I miss 1999-2000.

Three of those shows weren't on the 99-00 run.

Titans is on! Mad Mod woo!
ugh... I mean it's ok, I was just expecting Teen Titans to be what Young Justice is and very displeased.
Three of those shows weren't on the 99-00 run.
I mean the time period. Japanese anime bubble hadn't burst and fans were happy at the shows/acquisitions and not bitching whether more anime should be airing over the non-anime. The latter happened around 2003-2004 on the [as] boards.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
FMA Brotherhood is better than the first Full Metal Alchemist anime, but only because of the strength of the source material. Lust vs Mustang was just getting underway in the manga when the first FMA anime finished airing.

the first anime was a well-done original story with high production values based on taking the exposition of the manga and largely creating its own plot and personalities for the individual characters. It was given the best production team Bones had to offer.

Brotherhood is, well, it's kind of a by-the-motions direct adaptation of an excellent shounen manga, given to a C-tier production team with very little experience. I can't help but think it was done this way to allow the crew members to hone their skills while being able to rely on the strength of the source material to mask their own shortcomings.

The result is an inconsistently-paced show with good battle animations, excellent voice actors, sub-par music production values compared to the beautiful soundtrack of the first anime, and questionable storyline omissions and directing. Character development suffers compared to the manga, and the non-battle scenes fail to take advantage of the medium's strengths, or give adequate attention to anyone except the Elric Brothers.

Worst of all is how the Greed and Ishval arcs were handled.

Risette

A Good Citizen
FMA Brotherhood is better than the first Full Metal Alchemist anime, but only because of the strength of the source material.
This does not make a show better than the other. Surprisingly it's the show itself that matters!

Also, BONES D Studio is not "C-tier production team" -- the letters have nothing to do with their quality, only their date of forming.

These episodes on tonight are on every saturday though

Just the Toonami segments between commercials will be new.

Get lupin the 3rd back and show more of the shows backs that were shown on April 1, never saw half of them.

I want Yu Yu :D

Azure J

Toonami could be the one thing that not only brings One Piece to glory in the states, but it could also be the biggest avenue to push for a Soul Eater "Brotherhood" anime with all the style of the current series and the actual content from the manga.

Support this shit, goddamit. :lol

On another note, I wonder if we could actually see it move from the weekends to weekdays if the right amount of ratings and content came through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom