• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:'(

this show is so effective at what it tries to do. Making you think about the irony of robots concerning themselves of life and death... and, of course, being as depressing as possible.

Can't wait till next ep

Moving. I expected him to die, but the execution was something else. This show continues to impress me with its character work and the themes of existence that it touches upon. It's simple, but elegant in the way it comes across on screen.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I actually found that less depressing than the last episode. Yeah the guy died, but he went relatively peacefully, met some new people, got to pet a dog and didn't have to die alone.

For Casshern Sins, that's a fucking win.

ReiGun

I actually found that less depressing than the last episode. Yeah the guy died, but he went relatively peacefully, met some new people, got to pet a dog and didn't have to die alone.

For Casshern Sins, that's a fucking win.

He also made sure to die out of sight, so as not to drive Casshern even further into self hate. Akos was a bro.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't see why he's shocked that a robot is trying to kill him after witnessing a game full of people getting murdered, him getting stabbed by a sword, and a tornado ripping people in half.

Pretty much. Death is the norm here.

Cassurn's ending tonight was just... wut? Dude goes to leave and suddenly just has a heart attack and dies, in a fashion?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty much. Death is the norm here.

Cassurn's ending tonight was just... wut? Dude goes to leave and suddenly just has a heart attack and dies, in a fashion?

Did you not pay attention? He was coughing all episode and the last couple times it was blood. Dude was going to go very shortly, he could probably tell he could only stand for a few more minutes so said his goodbyes then went to take a nap on the sands.

Did you not pay attention? He was coughing all episode and the last couple times it was blood. Dude was going to go very shortly, he could probably tell he could only stand for a few more minutes so said his goodbyes then went to take a nap on the sands.

Yeah, he wanted to go out with dignity, and for the last thing Casshern saw of him to be positive, rather than him dying in some horrific manner. It worked as a great contrast to the ending of last week's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom