• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I'd probably be more invested in this if I didn't know how it all turned out. Such a shame...

I was going to make a joke how the training arc sets a precedent for the rest of the series.

Whenever Naruto trains it seems to be for two purposes 1) To make him stronger 2) to remove him from the action.

Where it differs is that every time Naruto trains the world around him gets worse and the effect only progresses to hilariously epic levels by the end of the series.

For example, now:
Naruto trains, Zabuza comes back

Later (WARNING, Shippuden spoilers):
Naruto trains,
a village is destroyed
Naruto trains,
THE FUCKING 4TH NINJA WAR BREAKS OUT
Naruto trains, the world fucking explodes

Gotta stop training dude.

Amikami

Banned
Shut up Sakura you insolent...

edit: You know, that kid sounds like izzy from digimon. Haven't looked at digimon in years, either.

I was going to make a joke how the training arc sets a precedent for the rest of the series.

Whenever Naruto trains it seems to be for two purposes 1) To make him stronger 2) to remove him from the action.

Where it differs is that every time Naruto trains the world around him gets worse and the effect only progresses to hilariously epic levels by the end of the series.

For example, now:
Naruto trains, Zabuza comes back

Later (WARNING, Shippuden spoilers):
Naruto trains,
a village is destroyed
Naruto trains,
THE FUCKING 4TH NINJA WAR BREAKS OUT
Naruto trains, the world fucking explodes

Removing the main character from the action is a funny shonen trope

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Removing the main character from the action is a funny shonen trope

I do like how One Piece does it without resorting to training arcs.
Like Luffy getting swallowed by a snake
Or Luffy charging into the battle before everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom