• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhahahhah Hogan Leg Drop!

atomic-leg-drop.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm kinda surprised NickToons hasn't created a Toonami-esque block to steal some thunder away from Adult Swim. I just turned to NickToons for a second and it's the episode of DBZ where Vegeta goes Super Saiyan for the first time. Nick has enough franchises under its belt to make a serious run at Toonami for the same late night time slot. A modern block with stuff like DBZ, Avatar and the new TMNT would catch a new generation of fans.

Only issue I could see is they'd have to make a few more show acquisitions to up the variety, AND they have the habit of replaying a lot of their shows endlessly already, so the appeal of staying up late for them is kinda lost.

Sci-Fi made a decent attempt a couple years ago with Ani-Monday. I mean they did have Gurren Lagann, afterall.

LycanXIII

I'm kinda surprised NickToons hasn't created a Toonami-esque block to steal some thunder away from Adult Swim. I just turned to NickToons for a second and it's the episode of DBZ where Vegeta goes Super Saiyan for the first time. Nick has enough franchises under its belt to make a serious run at Toonami for the same late night time slot. A modern block with stuff like DBZ, Avatar and the new TMNT would catch a new generation of fans.

Only issue I could see is they'd have to make a few more show acquisitions to up the variety, AND they have the habit of replaying a lot of their shows endlessly already, so the appeal of staying up late for them is kinda lost.

Sci-Fi made a decent attempt a couple years ago with Ani-Monday. I mean they did have Gurren Lagann, afterall.

They've got enough stuff that they could just make the whole day run as competition.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

That's what the Nicktoons channel itself is supposed to be if I remember right.

The thing nobody has really gotten that makes Toonami, AS, hell even Kids WB special is the format and bumps. Makes viewers feel like they're apart of something bigger.

Raxus

I just can't find a toy for this show and it only shows a promising storyline. Better cancel it and put it out of its misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom