• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

I can't believe we have to slog through Bleach, not-Tenchi, Suckurai 7, and Dundercats in order to get to the good stuff. And it's being pushed another half an hour back next week (although, I remember early Naruto being pretty watchable.)
Tell me about it.

I hope I like Naruto. :/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, that's hella disappointing. Seeing a dude that awesome's path of darkness would be badass

I know, it's bullshit. Hopefully it'll make a triumphant Toonami return! Maybe....I hope....please?

I can't believe we have to slog through Bleach, not-Tenchi, Suckurai 7, and Dundercats in order to get to the good stuff. And it's being pushed another half an hour back next week (although, I remember early Naruto being pretty watchable.)

It's not bad, at least we'll have one watchable show.

Astral

At least it's uncut Naruto. I didn't start disliking it until around the time the sound ninja guys showed up. The obsession with Sasuke was annoying.

pirata

Man, I had never even heard of Sym-Bionic Titan before it came on Adult Swim. I'm really sad that it didn't catch on, since it seems to be one of the coolest Western-made animated series in years. And how often is that an American-made show has good animation? Hell, how common is it for anything to have good animation these days?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This is an episode that feels more like one of those first 8 or so episodes in the series. It's also pretty much the last such episode.

LycanXIII

You serious? I just don't get why the show got cancelled. It's so good. What's the chance that a show can get a second chance.

It's all about the ratings, sadly. And then starting next week, it gets moved back half an hour, so expect a drop, and an even slimmer chance.

RagnarokX

I hear you can make the nut even stronger by taking one molecule of the nut and placing it in a container of water, shaking it, then putting a drop of that water into another container of water, shaking it, and repeating 1,000,000 times.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
On their hands and knees. Genndy makes them gold over and over and they spit in his face again and again. They did the same thing to Samurai Jack.

Didn't Samurai Jack get 52 eps and a prequel movie? (Still not enough, but 52 eps of a show like that is like 40 more than I would have expected.)

And I remember them pushing the original Clone Wars HARD.

PPG did amazing for them and Dexter too ("Cartoon Network's most popular and successful original animated series" according to Wiki.)

SBT is really the only black eye on their mutual relationship.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
God this music is soooo goooood.

I know right?

Samurai Jack WHYYYYYYYY!!!!! ;___;

There's a rumor of a movie but nothing more than that so far... :(

I hear you can make the nut even stronger by taking one molecule of the nut and placing it in a container of water, shaking it, then putting a drop of that water into another container of water, shaking it, and repeating 1,000,000 times.

oh you!

Didn't Samurai Jack get 52 eps and a prequel movie? (Still not enough, but 52 eps of a show like that is like 40 more than I would have expected.)

And I remember them pushing the original Clone Wars HARD.

PPG did amazing for them and Dexter too ("Cartoon Network's most popular and successful original animated series" according to Wiki.)

SBT is really the only black eye on their mutual relationship.

They killed it right after the prequel won an oscar and before he could finish it. Samurai Jack was the start of them fucking him hard...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They killed it right after the prequel won an oscar and before he could finish it. Samurai Jack was the start of them fucking him hard...

They're both not completely the ones to blame. Wrapping up a show in 52 episodes isn't hard to do, many shows make do with 1/4 of that. Many of the episodic episodes that comprised the series were amazing, but some weren't, and those should have made room for episodes that actually moved the plot along (which were VERY few and far between, and my biggest beef with the show.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i read an interview where Genndy said his boss at Sony was open to the idea of doing Samurai Jack over there

Wiki sez:

In September 2012, Genndy Tartakovsky announced in an interview with IGN that a Samurai Jack movie is in pre-production. He said; "I've been trying so hard every year, and the one amazing thing about Jack is that I did it in 2001, you know, and it still survived. There's something about it that's connected with people. And I want it, it's number 1 on my list, and now Bob Osher, the President (of Digital Production at Sony Picture Entertainment), is like 'Hey, let's talk about Jack. Let's see what we can do.' And I go, 'You're going to do a 2D feature animated movie?' and he's like, 'Yeah. Maybe. Let's do some research and let's see.' So it's not dead for sure by any means, and it's still on the top of my list, and I'm trying as hard as I can." It is going to be the conclusion for the series.[16] The film, which is budgeted at $20 million, will combine traditional 2D animation with stereoscopic 3D. It is being produced by Fredarator Films and J. J. Abrams’ production company Bad Robot Productions.[17] Tartakovsky said the loss of Mako Iwamatsu (Aku's voice actor) would also need to be addressed.[18]​

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wiki sez:

In September 2012, Genndy Tartakovsky announced in an interview with IGN that a Samurai Jack movie is in pre-production. He said; "I've been trying so hard every year, and the one amazing thing about Jack is that I did it in 2001, you know, and it still survived. There's something about it that's connected with people. And I want it, it's number 1 on my list, and now Bob Osher, the President (of Digital Production at Sony Picture Entertainment), is like 'Hey, let's talk about Jack. Let's see what we can do.' And I go, 'You're going to do a 2D feature animated movie?' and he's like, 'Yeah. Maybe. Let's do some research and let's see.' So it's not dead for sure by any means, and it's still on the top of my list, and I'm trying as hard as I can." It is going to be the conclusion for the series.[16] The film, which is budgeted at $20 million, will combine traditional 2D animation with stereoscopic 3D. It is being produced by Fredarator Films and J. J. Abrams’ production company Bad Robot Productions.[17] Tartakovsky said the loss of Mako Iwamatsu (Aku's voice actor) would also need to be addressed.[18]​

Oh, this is a lot better news than I remember. Can I get my hopes up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom