• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of Chunin in the series, Can someone explain to me how
shikamaru became a chunin when he forfeited but Naruto didn't and he actually beat his opponent? Did I miss something back then?

He used his brain, unlike all the other morons.

Seda

shikamaru became a chunin when he forfeited but Naruto didn't and he actually beat his opponent? Did I miss something back then?

I think
The hokage was impressed by his intelligence and cunning in his fight against Temari
anyway.

789shadow

Banned
Shikamaru was able to see the bigger picture in that he couldn't defeat the next opponent because he had used up all his chakra. Basically, Shikamaru was seen as a squad leader and tactician responsible for other ninja.

It was decided that shikamaru was the only one who possessed both leadership qualities and intelligence, rather than just brute force, which were the requirements to become a chuunin...

Amikami

Banned
He used his brain, unlike all the other morons.

I think
The hokage was impressed by his intelligence and cunning in his fight against Temari
anyway.

Shikamaru was able to see the bigger picture in that he couldn't defeat the next opponent because he had used up all his chakra. Basically, Shikamaru was seen as a squad leader and tactician responsible for other ninja.

I see. Makes sense. Thank you.

Raxus

Shikamaru is a strategic genius. He won the fight when he secured the target. Naruto didn't show the same qualities to be a leader. He more or less won via brute force.

Recaps? In my Soul Eater?

Since a chunin has to lead missions, they have to be more than strong. They have to be smart about the situation they're in. Fighting to the bitter end and possibly risking your teammate's life a good leader does not make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom