• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man watching One Piece now, makes it clear how bad Viz is at translating sometimes.

Funimation's site may be ass and their prices are redunkulus but they know how to dub

I have a theory that Funi's gotten so good in the past 5 or so years because everyone else basically went out of business. Funi's now got an unprecedented concentration of VA talent.

Kusagari

Just imagine reading the chapters for this part, that amount of trolling over like 800 weeks of white pages was too much.

My favorite thing was how literally every chapter for months would end with Aizen being "defeated."

It gets old when you pull the same shit 50 times Kubo.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Was thinking along the lines of this:

normal_Volcano-Monster-Hunter-3.jpg

Same place. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have a theory that Funi's gotten so good in the past 5 or so years because everyone else basically went out of business. Funi's now got an unprecedented concentration of VA talent.

No, that wouldn't explain why the dub of Naruto sucks. Also, Viz is still very much alive.

thetechkid

My favorite thing was how literally every chapter for months would end with Aizen being "defeated."

It gets old when you pull the same shit 50 times Kubo.

Every chapter also started with Max Azien trolls though, but yeah it was so bad it made the next arc looks good(at the time).

That's true too but Viz gets some pretty good talent too but they are so literal and lifeless with their translations where as Funimation is much looser and often add some character to their dubs.

YYH is one of the best dubs ever just because of the one-liners.

Hell funimation often reuses the same voice talent but it almost always works.

Viz just failed...and they happened to get the two biggest franchises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom