• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

AS has no pull and doesn't talk to Funi whatsoever?

dQOpo8S.gif

Consider that Toonami staff are not actually getting paid for their toonami duties and re-evaluate resource allocation accordingly

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I never got the big deal about anime openers.

I'd rather get to the show faster.

The openings almost make the show for me. It's why I kept Bleach tangentially in my mind in the years before Toonami. It's why I watched hundreds of old Pokemon episodes despite them being worth less than the time I spent watching. Especially for completely unknown properties, it's a big hook I feel. Something today's cartoon channels don't seem to understand (YJ and Thundercats openings are just embarrassing.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Consider that Toonami staff are not actually getting paid for their toonami duties and re-evaluate resource allocation accordingly

I doubt that, even Blum said they have to pay him because of the unions.

And Toonami isn't as dirt poor as they were last year. They expanded to six hours, they've had multiple new shows including what could have been a pretty expensive one (Naruto.)

They could at least cut the opening to Bleach. Make everything fair.

Uh fuck no, especially with Melody of the Wild Dance coming up.

wwm0nkey

Every single episode is the exact same thing. Johnny gets into some shenanigans because of his sister's inventions, he fixes the problem, they eat meatloaf.

I mean Regular Shows episodes all follow the same formula as the first one but they at least add character changes and ect in it. Johny Test is soulless

So now there's a discussion for anime openings........and Johnny Test.

* sigh * See what happens on premieres?

I've sparked the fire again :O

Posting the Cut S.E. opening on YouTube right now.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seriously BatDan I want to punch you for even suggesting they cut Bleach openings. Cut the best parts and leave the rest? Uh, no.

Just no.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
He's still getting a pittance compared to his usual rates I hear. I just don't think their bargaining power is very strong

My point was they're not exactly being stonewalled by Funi/etc. either. I'm sure it's a constant dialog. And in that dialog, AS should bring up the lengthened OPs.

I have a feeling they're just covering their asses so they didn't have to say "Welp we're greedy and like the extra 45 seconds of commercial money!"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, hold on. Renton's dad, Charles, the current head of the military (Dexter?), and Holland were the four leaders of the four squadrons of SOF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom