• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Lemme give a recap of Tenchi's end date - May 4, 2013

Again, why are people so eager for the new show already?

People will always be eager for new shows and speculate what they think would be a good fit.

So are we just assuming Thundercats won't get replaced? :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well, this is something at least. Glad it's rerunning instead of something else being here.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's weird seeing this scene knowing what happened literally just before this (story-wise.)

People will always be eager for new shows and speculate what they think would be a good fit.

Toonami did hype it up quite a bit during the first half of its run and it probably doesn't cost anything to rerun it... :(

I will be LIVID if they rerun Thundercats again.

LycanXIII

They need to replace TCats when it ends. Ratings aren't going to hold if they keep showing the same shows at the same times.

Azure J

SBT was such a good fit on this block. Goddamn do I want a Hail Mary second season to happen with Toonami's pull a la Big O... Except without all the tomatoes of course.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't believe how much of a bro Solomon turned out to be.

I remember saying something like "So that guy's evil right?"

Also requisite:

tumblr_milmyyfGs61qj5j8eo1_1280.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Look at how ripped the King is, holy shit.

Tiny tiny legs though. Looks weird.

I have to say despite it all I still don't care for this show's art style. It's less clean than Dexter and PPG, and while Samurai Jack got gritty at times it felt more holistic. SBT has lots of extraneous lines and much more exaggerated features than Genndy's other shows. Some people may say he's developing his own style but I can't get my mind to see it as anything but sloppy.

The color pallet is very 80's which I could take or leave. Most kids probably "left" it.

The animation is consistently amazing though. No corner was cut there. I just don't care for much of the character design.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm apparently the first run of SBT on Toonami started October 7. It's crazy, it feels like the show's been on the block for so much longer. Gonna look up some of my comments for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom