• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NO MORE DEAD COPS FAMILIES!

KuGsj.gif

thetechkid

I'm playing LA right now and I don't see the connection.

It was really good, still have to finish it. Kinda dropped out when Kalin showed up.

Personally I don't think anything will ever top the original series' end-game for me. Just revelation after revelation, was such a climactic and fitting end for a series you'd never expect it from. It was kinda like Sailor Moon's last season in that way. What started as an episodic-ish lighthearted series going into "shit gets real" mode and capitalizing on everything it had built up to by that point.

And Bakura becoming the big bad villain he was always saying he was? Goddamn. The backhalf of YGO season 5 was amazing.

Which part with Kalin? Because towards the end, shit gets dark.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what's going on.

Translation of this epiosde:

The entire surface of the planet is covered in the Scub Coral. The Scub Coral is, itself, a living collectiveness, a species unto itself. They're not only alive, but they are also sentient. However, that means you're dealing with a collection of intelligent organisms so numerous that they literally cover the entire planet, so many that they surpass the boundaries of what the planet is capable of sustaining. Imagine if the entire surface of the planet was one sprawling mashed up ball of human beings. Same basic thing. Except these beings also emit trapars and to a certain degree project their souls and consciousness outward. The compac drives work on this basis and link the wills of souls to one another. So all those motorcycles, LFOs, computers, and whatever you see around the series are basically running on soul power.

The theory behind all this, however, is that the laws of physics aren't supposed to allow so much consciousness in such a confined space. To prevent themselves from passing this limit, the Scub Coral has essentially put itself to sleep, which is also why most people don't see them as sentient beings.

What Dewey is doing is actively attacking it, poking and prodding it, and forcing it to wake up. This is creating Kute class Coralians in isolated locations, areas where the awakening of a mass of Scub Corals exceeded the limit of life and warped the laws of physics. These are also accompanied by antibodies, just as the body of any other organism uses antibodies to counterattack against external attacks. Dewey is using this ability of theirs to make it appear like the Coralians are actively attacking people, as opposed to merely defending themselves. By doing this, he's creating propaganda to make the populace rally behind his leadership. He aims to prevent the limit of "questions" from being surpassed by flat out annihilating the Scub Coral all together. He sees things as "us vs. them." However, pursuing his plan might simply wake up the whole damn thing and push the whole planet beyond the limit, wiping everything out.

Norb, on the other hand, believes that humans and Coralians can come together and solve the problem together. He's proposing a harmony between the species as the path of enlightenment for both. Eureka represents the Coralians' desire and ability to unite peacefully with humankind, and so for Norb and Holland matching her with a human partner is the key to everything. And that's where Renton comes in. Basically he's the one hope the species has of dealing with the Coralians in a peaceful manner.

That's the basic gist of things.

Cranzor

I have been asleep for the majority of Eureka 7. I should probably just go to sleep, but I need to see how the masterpiece that is GXP ends.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is it everyone. We've survived up to this point.

It has been an honor playing with you *plays violin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom