• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I get that it's only the third episode, but there soon needs to be something else behind these races. Else it's really will be just "yay they won" or "oh they lost"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
whoa that was creepy as fuck

Yeah WTF was that?
KuGsj.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh good, the community center won't be shut down. Wait...

Yeah, this show needs a bit of tension and conflict.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, really starting to see why this show tanked at the outset, a racing series should not be this slow and plodding and tension free.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You can tell this show is made by amateurs. It has "we've never done this before but we got to make a show!" written all over it.

It's gone from "IGPX is getting screwed getting stuck behind Thundercats" to "this show is boring" in three weeks.

Impressive.

EDIT: I should add it's not like I'm falling in love with the show either. Do love the music

Levyne

Banned
I'm not a writer, and I'm not creative, but I think a simple tweak would be to have made some sponser give an ultimatum of "we will fund you you win the race against black egg". Make this known to the team. There something concrete hinges on the race. I mean, it doesn't fix overarching problems but it would have been a little more focused in the episode.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This episode pretty much explains what the series has been about and what the final gambit for the series is.

Unfortunately, the dub script blows and makes it even more obtuse than it already was!

I'm not a writer, and I'm not creative, but I think a simple tweak would be to have made some sponser give an ultimatum of "we will fund you you win the race against black egg". Make this known to the team. There something concrete hinges on the race. I mean, it doesn't fix overarching problems but it would have been a little more focused in the episode.

yeah, it's a really obvious fix. kind of shocked they didn't do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom