• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not a writer, and I'm not creative, but I think a simple tweak would be to have made some sponser give an ultimatum of "we will fund you you win the race against black egg". Make this known to the team. There something concrete hinges on the race. I mean, it doesn't fix overarching problems but it would have been a little more focused in the episode.

The main problem was that what's going on with the sponsors is really more of a mid season thing, they shouldn't have put this episode where they did. We don't really know about that problem, so we feel no drama. Build the drama in previous episodes and this one would have been in a better spot. They just put it too early and didn't have the proper build up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eureka Seven is basically a shitty version of Link's Awakening.

I'm playing LA right now and I don't see the connection.

It is a good series, best Yugioh series by far.

It was really good, still have to finish it. Kinda dropped out when Kalin showed up.

Personally I don't think anything will ever top the original series' end-game for me. Just revelation after revelation, was such a climactic and fitting end for a series you'd never expect it from. It was kinda like Sailor Moon's last season in that way. What started as an episodic-ish lighthearted series going into "shit gets real" mode and capitalizing on everything it had built up to by that point.

And Bakura becoming the big bad villain he was always saying he was? Goddamn. The backhalf of YGO season 5 was amazing.

RagnarokX

I have no idea what's going on.

The surface is made up living creatures called coralians. There can only be a certain amount of sentient lifeforms in an area of space. If the population exceeds a certain amount it causes time-space to tear asunder. This is called the limit of questions. The coralians reached the limit of questions and went into hibernation to keep from being sucked into a black hole.

The surface is made up living creatures called coralians. There can only be a certain amount of sentient lifeforms in an area of space. If the population exceeds a certain amount it cause time-space to tear asunder. This is called the limit of questions. The coralians reached the limit of questions and went into hibernation to keep from being sucked into a black hole.

I've seen this show at least twice in my life and this is the first time I've ever understood this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The surface is made up living creatures called coralians. There can only be a certain amount of sentient lifeforms in an area of space. If the population exceeds a certain amount it causes time-space to tear asunder. This is called the limit of questions. The coralians reached the limit of questions and went into hibernation to keep from being sucked into a black hole.

Basically this. It isn't too complicated, it's just all their yapping that makes it seem that way.

Ultratech

Personally I don't think anything will ever top the original series' end-game for me. Just revelation after revelation, was such a climactic and fitting end for a series you'd never expect it from. It was kinda like Sailor Moon's last season in that way. What started as an episodic-ish lighthearted series going into "shit gets real" mode and capitalizing on everything it had built up to by that point.

And Bakura becoming the big bad villain he was always saying he was? Goddamn. The backhalf of YGO season 5 was amazing.

Man, I really need to go and watch the last season of the original series when I get a chance.

Kinda missed most of it, so I wasn't totally sure what exactly was going on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man, I really need to go and watch the last season of the original series when I get a chance.

Kinda missed most of it, so I wasn't totally sure what exactly was going on.

You really should, gives excellent closure (although the 4kids dub cut the last scene out for no apparent reason...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom