• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto's dub gets a lot better and Bleach's gets WORSE.

Yeah, Bleach's dub was actually pretty solid early on. Maybe nothing particularly special, but solid enough. As it has gone on and become more and more banal, the voice acting has likewise declined.

The one important thing that I think a lot of people sometimes forget with a show with One Piece is that in Japanese its voice acting is already REALLY cartoony. A lot of the voices are downright ridiculous and not at all what one would really typically call "good acting" per se. The Funi dub preserves this quality without diving off the deep end the way the 4Kids version did. But that still means it's chock full of strange voices and bizarre performances. That's just the kind of show it is.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't really prefer the English or the original audio when it comes to One Piece, both are really quite excellent and just seem to fit.

Up to One Piece 169

Eneru's long ass earlobes are fucking stupid. And goddammit Robin, why don't you live a little and have some fun already?

Up to One Piece 169

Eneru's long ass earlobes are fucking stupid. And goddammit Robin, why don't you live a little and have some fun already?

It's supposed to be like Buddha.
Speaking of One Piece, i'm very close to finishing the Skypiea arc myself. Just today and then one episode tomorrow. We're so close.

Let us set the table for our weekly ratings roundup:

The Saturday night Toonami block also scored success: new episode premieres of Bleach (12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot with adults 18-24 and men 18-34; Naruto (12:30 a.m.) and Soul Eater (1 a.m.) ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among men 18-24 & 18-34; and Tenchi Muyo! GXP (3 a.m.) ranked #1 among men 18-24. These premiere episodes all earned mostly double-digit delivery increases across key adults vs. the same time period last year.

Numbahs!

fMIPK6Q.jpg

That GXP dropoff is brutal. 100,000 people just say lawlnope at once.

Edit: That's 100,000 people that didn't shake it, bake it and booty quake it!

Seda

http://www.funimation.com/adam-s/blog/marooned-on-one-piece-island/7665900

We will have a live stream over at our FUNimation Live YouTube page of Scott locked in the room watching One Piece going 24-hours a day. The camera will even be going when he sleeps*. He will be interacting with all of you via our the live stream chat and our other social sites.

There will also be a chance to win One Piece prizes throughout the broadcast, so be sure to stay tuned to FUNimation.com/news and all the FUNimation social sites for updates.

*We are letting him sleep (a little) during this event since otherwise this could kill him or at the very least mess him up so much that he won't be able to tell the difference between a glass of water and a penguin.

Bleach and Naruto neck and neck. Everything else was doing pretty good until SBT. Those numbers next week when all the reruns are back to back are gonna be brutal.

That's cray cray. Speaking of marathoning One Piece, I reached ep. 194 today.
Can't believe the Endless Vearth Eneru was talking about was the Moon. So crazy. Also, Robin pulled a Jeff Goldblum from Independence Day.
I'm in the home stretch. Only 12 more episodes to go.

Alright, onto my section of One Piece again, voice actor. Can't do pictures, since i'm currently in a rush-out.

Colleen Clinkenbeard

Colleen_Clinkenbeard.png
luffy.jpg

- Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
- Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
- Makina from Deadman Wonderland
- Liza from Casshern Sins
- Gohan from Dragonball Z Kai
- Rachel Moore from Case Closed

Full List : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Clinkenbeard#Anime_roles

From a deep-voiced woman in anime to.......................Luffy.

Alright, onto my section of One Piece again, voice actor. Can't do pictures, since i'm currently in a rush-out.

Colleen Clinkenbeard

Colleen_Clinkenbeard.png
luffy.jpg

- Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
- Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail
- Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood
- Makina from Deadman Wonderland
- Liza from Casshern Sins

Full List : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Clinkenbeard#Anime_roles

From a deep-voiced woman in anime to.......................Luffy.

You totally forgot Gohan from DBZ Kai

18-49:

1. Family Guy, 10 PM – 0.81 - 1,024,974
2. Cleveland Show, 10:30 PM – 0.80 - 1,012,320
3. Boondocks, 11:30 PM – 0.57 - 721,278
4. Black Dynamite, 11 PM – 0.57 - 721,278
5. Family Guy, 9:30 PM – 0.53 - 670,662
6. Bleach, 12 AM – 0.47 - 594,738
7. Naruto, 12:30 AM – 0.44 - 556,776
8. Soul Eater, 1 AM – 0.41 - 518,814
9. Thundercats, 1:30 AM – 0.39 - 493,506
10. IGPX, 2 AM – 0.31 -392,274
11. Tenchi Muyo! GXP, 3 AM – 0.30 - 379,620
12. Eureka 7, 2:30 AM – 0.27 - 341,658
13. Sym-Bionic Titan, 3:30 AM – 0.26 - 329,004
14. Full Metal Alchemist, 4 AM – 0.26 - 329,004
15. Cowboy Bebop, 4:30 AM – 0.23 - 291,042
16. InuYasha, 5 AM – 0.22 - 278,388
17. InuYasha, 5:30 AM – 0.22 - 278,388

I still hate how this is late night so the viewings of each show go down as time goes down. It's not even like the show matters, just what time it comes on. I think the only big things I see in the viewings in this week that matter'd to me was that Tenchi Muyo drop-off. It went from the usual small amount of people that stop watching as time goes on to a whopping 100,000 that stopped watching.

Btw super excited for One Piece this week. I never saw the Foxy Arc so I'm gonna be glued to the screen. I'm gonna make sure I let all my friends know its back on because I know they'll be excited too. Well except my one friend who has Neon Alley and can see it anytime... that lucky boy.

I'm actually super jealous he does have Neon Alley for that :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom