• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I don't really care for the endings as much as the openings, but I like the current one I'm on. It's the 11th one called A to Z.

I don't much care for the 4th opening Bon Voyage though. I liked the 3rd one a lot better.

Seda

I don't really care for the endings as much as the openings, but I like the current one I'm on. It's the 11th one called A to Z.

I don't much care for the 4th opening Bon Voyage though. I liked the 3rd one a lot better.

Bon Voyage is my least favorite opening. At least in English.

Moaradin

Bon Voyage is my least favorite opening. At least in English.

I don't hate it as much as I hated the second one. That one lasted way too long.

As far as rating the openings in English, I'd go:

1. We Are!
2. Hikari E
3. Bon Voyage
4. Believe

Seda

I don't hate it as much as I hated the second one. That one lasted way too long.

As far as rating the openings in English, I'd go:

1. We Are!
2. Hikari E
3. Bon Voyage
4. Believe

Hikari E
We Are!
Believe
Bon Voyage

And the 5th opening (which starts with 207) seems to be the point where they stop dubbing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hikari E
We Are!
Believe
Bon Voyage

And the 5th opening (which starts with 207) seems to be the point where they stop dubbing.

Yeah, due to licensing issues, we'll probably never see a dubbed opening or ending again.

I imagine this only counts for the openings and endings, we'll still get
Bink's Sake/Brew
dubbed, just like how we got
Sogeking/Sniper King's theme
dubbed.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Isn't we go by the same person who did we are? They should be able to dub that as well considering its use in episodes

True, but that's a looooong time down the road. Hopefully they'll sort it out.
They still haven't sorted out getting "Hands Up" for the Simulcast... ugh.

True, but that's a looooong time down the road. Hopefully they'll sort it out.
They still haven't sorted out getting "Hands Up" for the Simulcast... ugh.

In the end that really isn't as big of a deal as not being able to dub the openings. At worst you can just mute the simulcast and play a subbed YouTube video and get the same effect

I thought ending 9 was the first good one after 3-8

hm. i think it was the awful fade-out at the end that soured my opinion of it (which is admittedly in the Japanese version too), though listening again i'm gonna take it back and say what comes before that is pretty good.

but seriously, what the hell was up with 3-8 lol

Seda

I believe this week's Naruto is the last one that's tied to the first Japanese opening and next week's start with the second Japanese opening. (Toonami doesn't air these openings)

Both the first and second English openings splice footage from either of these Japanese openings (it's the same RICE CHEW YOUR SOCKS song for each English opening) but I'm not sure when the second English opening comes in. I think it's quite a bit later.

Moaradin

I believe this week's Naruto is the last one that's tied to the first Japanese opening and next week's start with the second Japanese opening. (Toonami doesn't air these openings)

Both the first and second English openings splice footage from either of these Japanese openings (it's the same RICE CHEW YOUR SOCKS song for each English opening) but I'm not sure when the second English opening comes in. I think it's quite a bit later.

Second English opening is the same song? That's lame. I could have swore I heard the Japanese openings on the English version before.

HA i found it (subbed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqwiKU2peWo

2vA1a.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is that Fighting Dreamers?

You mean GO!!!

Anyway, around the time that the show is supposed to be starting opening 3, the American version finally switches to Japanese opening 2. Then once that's done, it switches to opening 4 (GO!!!) and follows the Japanese order from there on out.

Though it doesn't change the content of the opening videos as they go the way the Japanese version does (i.e. there are multiple versions of openings 4 and 5, but the dub only uses the first version of each).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You mean GO!!!

Anyway, around the time that the show is supposed to be starting opening 3, the American version finally switches to Japanese opening 2. Then once that's done, it switches to opening 4 (GO!!!) and follows the Japanese order from there on out.

Though it doesn't change the content of the opening videos as they go the way the Japanese version does (i.e. there are multiple versions of openings 4 and 5, but the dub only uses the first version of each).

Yep!

Raxus

Looks like the live show is over :(

Fission Mailed

In other bad news, I have hit a delay with my recaps but I am back on track. I need someone to help me with a few banners though. I am editing now. Hopefully I will have the posts ready for my Saturday.

Seda

So, when does E7 end again? Because AO's English Dub has a trailer out...

http://youtu.be/bBmgLt0yB9k

E7 ends August 24th (that is, the 24th will be the week after the last episode). Apparently the disc release for AO is October 15, 2013.

I have mixed feelings towards E7 right now (the reception itself seems very divided), but isn't AO considered to be a big step down regardless?

Raxus

I remember how Anime-Gaf, particularly Duckroll, was so hyped for this show. The first few episodes were really good too. I stopped watching it midway because I wasn't a fan of using Funimation's channel, but I heard the show falls apart. :-(

Oh I just want to see it to see every fan of Eureka Seven's dream slowly shatter with every stupid 'twist' towards the second half of the series.

So, when does E7 end again? Because AO's English Dub has a trailer out...

http://youtu.be/bBmgLt0yB9k

Ao's VA is very fitting since he sounds so much like his dad's VA, JYB.

Looks like the live show is over :(

Fission Mailed

In other bad news, I have hit a delay with my recaps but I am back on track. I need someone to help me with a few banners though. I am editing now. Hopefully I will have the posts ready for my Saturday.

Hasn't Luffy taught you anything? Never give up hope, bro: http://www.youtube.com/user/FUNimationLive?v=S7aupuWAs0Y

Necrovex

Oh I just want to see it to see every fan of Eureka Seven's dream slowly shatter with every stupid 'twist' towards the second half of the series.

That's also why I haven't plowed through E7: AO. I love Eureka Seven, so I don't know if I could handle the heartache AO would cause.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

As great as the original anime is, literally every other piece of the Eureka franchise is garbage. I blame this on the fact that it seems like only Dai Sato actually understood it and how to make it work.

Raxus

I just finished the rough draft of the summary. Everything is a blur though. 13 pages of characters, items, and Gum Gum. Open call for someone to help me with the banners and editing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom