• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

Iojz66C.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ugh, is it Soul Eater time yet? This show is lame.
Lol, but srsly, SE is more compelling

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like I watched a good amount of one piece and I'm completely lost.

If you didn't get up to at least Jaya then you won't know what the fuck is going on. Funimation put it all up on their website. Or you could read the manga to catch up fast.

Ugh, is it Soul Eater time yet? This show is lame.
Lol, but srsly, SE is more compelling

:lol no

Also this is in between arcs, you'll be singing a different tune come Water 7

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys all had one job. ONE JOB. Marathon the series on Funimation.
You have a couple months before it really gets to the real plot.

LycanXIII

This is the first (and only) time they've shown up.

The world is full of weird fucking shit.

Wait, first time? Then why are they scared of them? I can understand not wanting to be caught in a large wave, but they're making a bigger deal of the monkeys than the wave.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can see Toonami pulling a DBGT and going, "Erm, One Piece: The Lost Episodes! Figure out what the hell is going on now!"

Kaizer

Banned
You guys all had one job. ONE JOB. Marathon the series on Funimation.
You have a couple months before it really gets to the real plot.

THIS. If anything, you really don't even need to pay attention to One Piece until October this year, when the real action starts up. That's plenty of time to catch up.

Wait, first time? Then why are they scared of them? I can understand not wanting to be caught in a large wave, but they're making a bigger deal of the monkeys than the wave.

I think the monkeys caused the massive tidal wave. So whenever you see one, you better go in the opposite direction.

LycanXIII

They could have at least shown character specific episodes that are needed for this part. Or splice together a few 30 minute episodes to catch everyone up.

Maron

i'm capable of separating actors from their performances

Me too, honestly. I understnad it being a tad weird at first when you're hearing Usopp, Sanji and Zoro I guess but personally I don't really care that Sabat or Vale or Strait played so-and-so in an entirely different show.

Jintor

They made a decision they can't reverse.

Seriously though, I don't want to spend my free time on One Piece homework just so i can watch it with an online chat. Guess I'll just count it as another goddamn half hour before Soul Eater.

It's still kinda cool.

ReiGun

This is one of the reasons I can't get into One Piece: the characters won't calm the fuck down. So much yelling.

They couldn't do 2 eps a night, and starting at the beginning is just too far back.

The show is passing episode 600 in Japan.

Meh. I'd rather just start at the beginning. Especially if I'm still going to have to watch 200 episodes on my own time to get all the context anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Meh. I'd rather just start at the beginning. Especially if I'm still going to have to watch 200 episodes on my own time to get all the context anyway.

Just go read to catch up. You could easily catch up by next week if you read the manga instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom