• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh that's not true. The Nami flashback in the Arlong arc has a further flashback back to her mother's past.

That's just a quick little explanation of where they came from. Naruto's one is full blown Naruto sized exposition bomb inside of an exposition bomb.

So good. Hopefully the deal goes well and someone takes over releasing Turn A Gundam.

I could also use a new version of G Gundam as the DVDs aren't the best...

with the rumors that Sentai is unwilling to work with Williams Street, i'm hoping most of the good stuff goes to Funimation so we can get it on Toonami possibly.

Raxus

"Kids, I'm going to tell you the story of how I met your mother! Believe it!"
"Are we being punished?"
"... No."
"Is this going to take long?"
"YES!"

"Dad none of this makes any sense. What happened to the next generation surpassing the older generation? What happened to hard work beating out inherited power? Why were you always so late to every battle?"
"Shut up, you like the Pain part right?"
"...yea..."
:Throws confetti :
post-13507-Rob-Huebel-Sparkles-Sc8P.gif

To clarify with manga readers, when we talk about a flash back in a flash back are we talking about

NARUTO MANGA SPOILERS

When Sasuke asks the first to tell him the "truth" behind the village, which starts a flash back of the battle between him and Medara... which then flash backs to them as kids

Or is there another one I can't remember?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just finished a rewatch of G Gundam Thursday. Still holds up. Would do great on Toonami as another show that could get redemption for a previous lackluster run on C/N.

Raxus

Don't forget, we get to the soccer episode of Eureka 7. AKA the episode I stumbled upon one day and swore to never watch the series again.

Yay...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Soul Eater isn't filler.
Techncially, One Piece isn't filler either since it happened in the manga...

Toonami Trainwreck edition

12:00 Gundam Seed Destiny
12:30 Sword Art Online
1:00 Code Geass
1:30 School Days
2:00 Death Note
2:30 Neon Genesis Evangelion
3:00 Neon Genesis Evangelion

I got nothing lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Same with Code Geass, the whole "train wreck" is series that started with incredible potential and started strong... only to collapse in on itself for whatever reason

In the case of Code Geass, it was due to the time slot switch. The show went from Otaku O' Clock to like 5 in the afternoon and that changed a lot of shit.

In the case of Code Geass, it was due to the time slot switch. The show went from Otaku O' Clock to like 5 in the afternoon and that changed a lot of shit.

Again it's not a matter of why the series when south, just that it happened. All the series I mentioned had some awful second halfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom