• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week on Toonami, it's a movie tie-in special for Bleach even though we're not likely to see the movie here any time soon/ever, Naruto recaps in what is supposed to be the first half of an hour long special, Luffy gets challenged to a Davy Back Fight by Silver Fox Foxy, ANOTHER written exam?!?!, River runs out of patience with his role in Team Satomi, the Gekko crew makes a pit stop right before the climactic final arc to...play soccer?, Thundercats flashes back to a time before Third Earth, Kimmy and the Galalunians attend a Scary Mary party in the woods, Edward comes face to face with Father, Bebop plays a ballad for fallen angels, and Team Inuyasha runs into trouble against a mad sage while Sango is visiting her old village.

12:00 - Bleach - 299 - Movie Opening Commemoration! Hell Verse: Prologue
12:30 - Naruto - 26 - Special Report: Live from the Forest of Death!
1:00 - One Piece - 208 - A Davy Back with the Foxy Pirates!
1:00 - Soul Eater - 14 - The Super Written Exam – Heart-Pounding, Reeling, and Restless. You're Kidding!?
2:00 - IGPX - 5 - Come Together
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 39 - Join the Future
3:00 - Thundercats - 7 - Legacy
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 12 - The Ballad of Scary Mary
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 28 - Father
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
5:00 - Inuyasha - 57-58 - Fateful Night in Togenkyo

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait, the Naruto recap filler is only one episode isn't it?

Yeah. When it originally aired in Japan, it was an hour long special. The first part was the recap, the second part was the new episode. So we'll get the second half next week.

Seda

This is one of the Toonami Faithful guys attending Anime Boston.

ubKwqFX.png

BatDan

This is one of the Toonami Faithful guys attending Anime Boston.

ubKwqFX.png

I don't mind. The dub really amps up the cursing and it would either be too many bleeps (making DMW blush) or edited and losing the point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
they were pretty heavily courting Toonami with it at the beginning. stands to reason they might've made a censored version in preparation.

No I mean I've seen the show and I'm not entirely sure how they would make a censored version of it.

BatDan

Man, besides One Piece and SBT we are in for a painful night of filler.

Having read the entire Soul Eater manga available so far.
Tonight's episode is actually pretty funny, and they do a better job at spotting cheaters.

Tenumi

Banned
Its so hard to believe that Bleach has been airing in the US since I was 16. I'm 22 now, and its finally entering the home stretch.

Bleach is too long for its own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom