• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wow, it's over already.

Say what you will about One Piece, but it's certainly not boring and slow.

Yet...
But I have faith Funimation will put energy into it to save it.

Ok Luffy putting his hands in the water to propel is weird as heck. I thought Oda once said that the moment a devil fruit user hits sea water they lose their power immediately and are weak. Luffy at least propelled for a few secs when he shouldn't have.

Or am I wrong?

Seda

While I generally like One Piece so far, that announcer's voice is a serious detractor. I feel like this could be a lot better for what it is if he had a better voice.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The arc is 6 events spread over 13 episodes.

eRVnmns.gif

Time for Soul Eater, the best show on the front end of Toonami right now.

You're counting E7 on the back end right? ;)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
While I generally like One Piece so far, that announcer's voice is a serious detractor. I feel like this could be a lot better for what it is if he had a better voice.

Eh, you really can't save Davy Back Fight.

Ok Luffy putting his hands in the water to propel is weird as heck. I thought Oda once said that the moment a devil fruit user hits sea water they lose their power immediately and are weak. Luffy at least propelled for a few secs when he shouldn't have.

Or am I wrong?

i thought it was knee hight and higher devil fruit users loose power. pretty sure luffy was tired/hungry there

789shadow

Banned

Or am I wrong?
Luffy even participating in this event is non-canon, so blame the anime writing staff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Or am I wrong?

No he was weaker, as demonstrated. He propelled the boat by twisting his arms together in the air then letting them spin apart in the water. He can do stuff in the water a little bit, just not as good and he can't swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom