• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

animekida%20gif%20epic%20soul%20eater%20shinigami%20sama.gif

Everyone's favorite perfectionist episode tonight!
I believe it's thee first one with the second OP as well.
Oh the rage the edit will cause...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ok Luffy putting his hands in the water to propel is weird as heck. I thought Oda once said that the moment a devil fruit user hits sea water they lose their power immediately and are weak. Luffy at least propelled for a few secs when he shouldn't have.

Or am I wrong?

They can come into contact with small amounts of water. For example, Luffy is usually ok being like ankle deep in water, and moving water like rain or a shower has no real effect. The fact that Luffy only had his hands in to his wrists and the fact that they were moving so fast would prevent him from losing strength right away.

So that's actually fairly consistent.

No he was weaker, as demonstrated. He propelled the boat by twisting his arms together in the air then letting them spin apart in the water. He can do stuff in the water a little bit, just not as good and he can't swim.

Yeah I understand how he did it but its just weird since I thought all the power is lost once sea water was touched, I know it has to be a high amount but still.

Luffy even participating in this event is non-canon, so blame the anime writing staff.

Probably the best explanation for this lol.

i thought it was knee hight and higher devil fruit users loose power. pretty sure luffy was tired/hungry there

Yeah I know it has to be a lot but I just don't know, I blame the writers.

Either way good episode tonight. It's time for me to sleep now because staying up till 1:00AM to watch One Piece is hard enough.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Mist? Oh that's easy, just head to the Iifa Tree and destroy the Soul Cage with a Phoenix Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom