• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Quality shonen (or really quality anything) is a joy to watch. I hope when Soul Eater eventually drifts into "anime original" land that it's not as bad as I've heard/lead to believe. With the Soul Eater manga ending later this year, what's the realistic chance we get Soul Eater Brotherhood? Is the IP popular enough/a big enough money maker to justify such an endeavor in Japan?

I'm actually pretty fucking upset every time I watch this anime and realize how much is NOT going to be touched on or "anime original'd".

Off the top of my head [and rather big but intentionally vague spoilers]:

Clowns
Warlock Hunter
The Natatsukata and The Natatsukata Purpose
Giriko
Mosquito
Arachnaphobia
Kim and Jackie
Eibon
The Book of Eibon

"BJ" and his untimely end
Noah & Gopher
Justin Law
The Great Old Ones and The Means to Insanity
The Sanzu Lines
Witches' Magic and Society
Medusa's Final Gambit
SOUL'S DEATHSCYTHE FORM.
The last one is big. Anime leaves so much out. It needs a reboot.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I like this bold new direction of getting rid of all of the racing in your racing series, very new, very untested, very stupid.

Azure J

Quality shonen (or really quality anything) is a joy to watch. I hope when Soul Eater eventually drifts into "anime original" land that it's not as bad as I've heard/lead to believe. With the Soul Eater manga ending later this year, what's the realistic chance we get Soul Eater Brotherhood? Is the IP popular enough/a big enough money maker to justify such an endeavor in Japan?

I hear that Bones really enjoyed working on the franchise and they're down for more. The series was also able to get a "repeat show" treatment with a brand new opening and animation sequence (although it was the same anime at its core) to keep its visibility up. I dunno how it was received overall in Japan, but it was always a sleeper hit in the states. Toonami visibility just brought it the mainstream audience it always deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom