• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay, why do you guys keep saying Zolo? It's Zoro.

The 4Kids version changed him to Zolo to avoid getting sued (even though I'm pretty sure Zorro was public domain).
The change was forced on Viz 5 volumes into the manga, and it hasn't changed back. It's really fucking annoying.

People that use "Zolo" are not actual One Piece fans.

izhxDnDmE1Z3O.gif

The 4Kids version changed him to Zolo to avoid getting sued (even though I'm pretty sure Zorro was public domain).
The change was forced on Viz 5 volumes into the manga, and it hasn't changed back. It's really fucking annoying.

People that use "Zolo" are not actual One Piece fans.

No, I know that, but it's just weird to see people still using his incorrect name.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Still, I am rooting for Zoro since I even a few episodes in I hate Sanji and his one note act with all of my soul.

Tenumi

Banned
You know, if all these anime characters donated blood, I think the world would be set for a while. Seems like they've got enough to spare a little and survive.

One Piece opening 5

One Piece Opening 5 Kokoro no Chizu

Thanks guys

Okay, why do you guys keep saying Zolo? It's Zoro.

Because some of us might have watched a bit too much of the 4kids dub

myself included, even played a lot of Grand Battle :/ I got used to Zoro quick though, since I did read a bit of the manga and as a dumb kid wasn't sure why the name was different in the manga and the US anime. I was dumb back then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom