• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

I think it's pretty bitchin'. They also kept the music intact from the Japanese dub.

I prefer the English broadcast DBZ music. That was how I watched the series as a kid before I even realized that wasn't the original music. Watching the show with any other soundtrack just messes up my nostalgia, you know?

I know! The implication of something possibly new is exciting.

I suppose the fact he doesn't specify One Piece is interesting.

Order

"Certain upcoming show and more goodies"

They have to be talking aout One Piece...right? The vagueness has me hyped

I prefer the English broadcast DBZ music. That was how I watched the series as a kid before I even realized that wasn't the original music. Watching the show with any other soundtrack just messes up my nostalgia, you know?

I know that feel. That's why to me real Goku will always be Mexican Goku. Fun fact: The guy who dubbed Goku's voice in Spanish was also the same guy who dubbed Bruce Willis in Mexican movies. It was funny hearing Goku curse and shit whenever a Bruce Willis movie came on. I've probably said this already before, but whatevs.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of censorship the Japanese anime had some parts edited from the manga.
No mention on how Luffy got his scare or that Zeff ate his own leg

The Episode of Luffy special that aired in December finally animated the scene where Luffy gets his scar. Only took 13 years.

And yeah, the promo has to be for One Piece. Last week was just a general hype/announcement piece. I'm guessing this week will be like that one Bleach recap promo, kind of bringing you up to speed on what the deal is and what the fuck is going on.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did CN ever air (Megas spoiler?)
Rearview Mirror Mirror?

Yea, they ran the whole series. They just never renewed it for season 3. Apparently if they had we would have learned that
Coop was the one that made the Gloft the way they were and this was all his fault in the first place

789shadow

Banned
The Episode of Luffy special that aired in December finally animated the scene where Luffy gets his scar. Only took 13 years.

And yeah, the promo has to be for One Piece. Last week was just a general hype/announcement piece. I'm guessing this week will be like that one Bleach recap promo, kind of bringing you up to speed on what the deal is and what the fuck is going on.
It will be slightly more successful than the Bleach recap, but not by much. Way too much shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My computer's hard drive fried itself, so I'll be restoring my machine to its former glory tonight and have no idea exactly how well I'll be able to follow the block with you guys live, but we'll see. Hopefully I'll be able to post the schedule before the night is done at least.

Tonight on Toonami, Ichigo takes on Ichimaru Gin, the Chuunin exam written test gets under way, Maka aims to grow stronger, the Thundercats run into Grune, Team Satomi takes on the turtling style of Black Egg, Gekkostate goes in depth with Norb and Dr. Bear about the fate of the world while Dewey begins to play his hand, Octus learns to bootyquake it, Edward has a long awaited reunion with a familiar face, Faye Valentine gets Spike mixed up in more trouble, and Inuyasha tries to level up by fighting his father's own archnemesis. Most importantly, though, IT'S THE END OF GXP! Break out the confetti, kids! And what an ending it is.

The Straw Hat Pirates are taking this shit over next week.

12:00 - Bleach - 297 - The Extending Blade!? Ichigo vs. Gin!
12:30 - Naruto - 24 - Start Your Engines: The Chunin Exam Begins!
1:00 - Soul Eater - 12 - Courage That Beats Out Fear – Maka Albarn's Great Resolution?
1:30 - Thundercats - 5 - Old Friends
2:00 - IGPX - 3 - Black Egg
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 37 - Raise Your Hand
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 26 - Final Engagement - END
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 10 - Lessons in Love
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 26 - Reunion
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 3 - Honky Tonk Women
5:00 - Inuyasha - 53 - Father's Old Enemy: Ryukotsusei
5:30 - Inuyasha - 54 - The Backlash Wave: Tetsusaiga's Ultimate Technique

After tonight, the national global intergalactic nightmare that is Tenchi Muyo GXP will finally be over.

And screw confetti, bring out the champagne

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We met the end of Casshern with a mix of dread & fear that it would be so sad that everyone would commit group suicide by the end of it.

This? This is going to be a party.

Yes, but we all might kill ourselves halfway through the episode if it's a stupid as we fear.

This we look forward to the end, but fear what that may entail.

Mature

GXP ending was such a far off fantasy. And here it truly is happening. Some of us wont make it tonight— and we've left a trail of corpses behind us— but the hell will finally be over.

Mr. 2 Bon Clay: Little Richard

i'd be ok with this

mightynine said:
But we already got a promo for One Piece....

we didn't get a proper, Howard Parker-voiced promo

also....after GXP....it's THAT episode of SBT...

1435402_o.gif

Raxus

Just a quick update on my One Piece Recap. I finally started working on it today and I finished all the Straw Hat Bios. Next up is other characters and important items. Hopefully I will have the rough draft finished by Sunday. Special shout out to 789shadow for helping out.

789shadow

Banned
Just a quick update on my One Piece Recap. I finally started working on it today and I finished all the Straw Hat Bios. Next up is other characters and important items. Hopefully I will have the rough draft finished by Sunday. Special shout out to 789shadow for helping out.
But I haven't done anything yet!

Ah, for those who have the stream link, I believe he's streaming random anime right now. Attack on Titan 4, 5, 6, are about to be streamed.

Curios to see that recap too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe at some point I'll post my character profiles and things that I did a loooooooong time ago for the Adult Swim board over here. They were apparently posted when the anime was at 237 and only covered through episode 150, so kind of perfect. :D

Don't want to steal any thunder from Raxus, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom