• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Why an hour of Inuyasha?

Wynaut.png

Necrovex

Why are some of you watching those awful One Piece fillers as you catch up? When I was playing One Piece catch up, I skipped every piece of filler I could!

And MegasXLR, FUCK YEAH! Maybe I can dream of a new season. One day, I hope Toonami can start to produce their own shows and revive old animated shows.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The biggest problem with most of One Piece's filler arcs are the addition of annoying little kids. Since kids are the target audience, Toei feels the need to add kid appeal characters in the hopes that ratings don't go down. Or something like that.

Still, that doesn't excuse how awful Apis or those Rainbow Mist kids are. I'm sure there are others but those are some of the most annoying.

One of G8's strengths is that it doesn't have little kids.

Seda

Why are some of you watching those awful One Piece fillers as you catch up? When I was playing One Piece catch up, I skipped every piece of filler I could!

And MegasXLR, FUCK YEAH! Maybe I can dream of a new season. One day, I hope Toonami can start to produce their own shows and revive old animated shows.

I have to watch all the episodes, else it doesn't feel complete.

Seda

i'm GOING to watch all of the Naruto filler if they decide to cut it off early.

yes, i am fucking insane.

IIRC there's one decent part involving Hinata (and by decent I mean bad but not terribly bad) and the rest is garbage for something like 70 episodes.

I just checked, one list shows that Naruto is mostly filler free up until about episode 100.
There is a recap episode coming up shortly though.

Korgill

IIRC there's one decent part involving Hinata (and by decent I mean bad but not terribly bad) and the rest is garbage for something like 70 episodes.

I just checked, one list shows that Naruto is mostly filler free up until about episode 100.
There is a recap episode coming up shortly though.

I hate recap episodes, hell I hate all recap except if we haven't seen the main characters for more than 5 episodes.

Just put the wraps on Alabasta (loved the ending, you know damn well someone was cutting onions) and started the next canon arc, so I think I can knock out the rest by next Saturday, skipping filler of course.

Trust me guys, I don't feel like I've missed anything by following a doctor recommended no filler diet.

I don't. Not quite there yet. Speaking of that arc though
I was laughing so hard at Luffy's stupid song. "Ohh! The islands in the south are warm. And their heads get really hot! They grow-a pineapples. They grow-a coconuts. And they're morons!!!" So random.

In a moment of stupidity one time, when I first saw that I went on KF to download the audio clip. Stupid teenager me forgot there weren't subtitles so it was pretty useless. :/

Levyne

Banned
Watching the opening the One Piece will have when it starts running. Cool opening but just curious how they will chop it up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
AssaultXMaster will probably mock something up.

Also, Toonami Tumblr posted the Arlong Arc in 60 seconds

Alabasta in 60 seconds

Skypiea in 60 seconds

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said they'd be getting everyone up to speed. Think they might air those during a commercial break? Wish they had room for the flashbacks though.

EDIT: Also there was a distinct lack of THAT FACE in the skypeia one.

Best use of segueing into an ending song ever.

When it cuts to the shortened Toonami version I just know my heart is going to stop.

Oh man don't remind me. That was amazing, it deserves the whole thing.

Levyne

Banned
Tbh I'm not sure how well a 60s video could have done, but I think a narrated voice over without the text pauses could have squeezed in a lot more info in the same amount of time. But eh, too boring gotta get the punches in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom