• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT6| Where there's no such thing as filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

ibhhZ77Cev5EWx.gif

Sorry about size.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think you guys read too much into this episode, this is one of my most viewed episodes of cowboy bebop and I dont think they ever went that far as to ever be creeped out, its sorta implied at most.

Seda

Brain Scratch is my least favorite episode of Bebop as well. I don't feel strongly about this episode one way or another.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So tonight we've had:

Bleach's creepy sexism
Naruto's super sexism
One Piece's filler
Soul Eater's little girl creepiness
Sword Art Online's death of feminism
IGPX's... actually that was fine
Big O's waifus
Fullmetal Alchemist's sole fanservice scene
and now Jet and his underage girlfriend.

Odd night.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This episode is a basic trope: the gruff and seemingly stoic big guy showing his soft side when juxtaposed with a young and vulnerable girl he feels the need to protect, but not for romantic reasons. It's a classic storytelling device. It's playing off paternal instinct.

I'm not really sure how you could read anything else into this episode, aside from the obvious jokes that the characters themselves (including even Jet) make.

Seda

I remember watching a few episodes of the show. Are the games any good?

Haven't played the DS spinoffs but the 360 game is alright when played on Hard Mode. The narrative and characters are Saturday morning cartoon and the yellow character thing is annoying as fuck, but the job system and battle system is fun and it has decent dungeon design. Not a fantastic game but worthwhile.

I dunno what's the worst part of this episode

The character of the feng suei chick
The awful voice acting of said chick
The constant Jett narration that adds nothing
The dumb plot

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Classic anime like Bebop and One Piece is going to keep Japanese smoking rates high for a first world country for decades!

You lot are crazy. This is totally a hardboiled detective story with the girl as a love interest. All that's missing is for this to be in black and white and fedora for Jet.

The Bebop crew gonna tear a hole in the space-time continuum.

I think I said the last time this episode aired (or maybe the time before that) that the VA of this girl is the worst in the series.

What about those dudes from last week? "We're falling. WE'RE FALLING!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom