• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

These aren't so much fights as they are people arguing philosophy.
Welcome to Naruto
0053_2wkeu.gif

Amikami

Banned
Even though Hinata's getting beat pretty brutally, she shows more fighting ability and style than Ino and Sakura did throughout the entirety of their battle. They literately just threw fist and cut hair 90% of the battle.

Edit: Better flashbacks too.

Well it sort of comes up again in part 2. Kinda...

That too. For all his faults Kishi really does handle death in Naruto very very well, which is why I was disappointed with a recent one in the manga.

Honestly the actual way it happened fit well, the problem was that LATE PART 2 SPOILERS
Neji did nothing for all of part 2, had he continued to play a role in the story. Him dying to save Hinata/Naruto and his final words work well for his development in part 1... it just came way too late

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hinata's entire flashback is about how thirsty she is...if it wasn't so sad it'd be funny

Honestly the actual way it happened fit well, the problem was that LATE PART 2 SPOILERS
Neji did nothing for all of part 2, had he continued to play a role in the story. Him dying to save Hinata/Naruto and his final words work well for his development in part 1... it just came way too late

Exactly. Normally Kishi is really good about the build up to the deaths as well, this one just fell flat which was a aberration for the series. The fact he messed it up is how you can be positive he's rushing to the end.

SykoTech

It's a shame Hinata never got to develop more. She has like 2 big moments after this in the whole series, and they both involve her nearly dying and being helpless aside from motivating Naruto.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Every breath you taaaaake.
Every move you maaaake.
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching yooooou.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The best part, as far as I can remember, is that Hinata's character doesn't really change after this fight at all. LOL

She does actually, except for
becoming even more shyier around naruto, probably because of the not seeing him for 2 years thing
but she isnt really afraid of anything anymore, especially during the pain arc

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
And once again, this is why there needed to be a few extra arcs between Zabuza and the Exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom