• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some people who tweeted me back and I don't think they checked the timestamp so I'm pretty sure they thought I was pissed about the recent Shippuuden annoucnement. lol.

Only Kayos could tweet about something genuine then have it be retweeted and misinterpreted lolol

:kayos

Seda

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2585

Dragon Ball Z” Season Sets Blasting onto Blu-ray This Winter

FUNimation® Entertainment has announced that it is giving the Blu-ray release of the anime phenomenon Dragon Ball Z another go. Originally attempted with the Level Sets in 2011, production was suspended due to technical challenges of the frame by frame restoration from the original film. After careful evaluation of the process, FUNimation is glad to announce that restoration has recommenced and releases will be available before years end. Different from the Level Sets before it, the episode count on the Blu-ray Season Sets will be identical to their extremely popular DVD counterparts. Also different, is the restoration and re-mastering process being used. A bolder, more vibrant color palette is being used to produce a picture current, and future, televisions can take advantage of. The Blu-ray Season Sets will also come in a widescreen format. Precise shot-by-shot reframing of each scene has used to ensure the optimal picture when converting from its native, full screen format. “We want Dragon Ball Z to be a part of the modern, HD experience,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and president at FUNimation Entertainment. “We want people to see it and know that the time and care has been taken to give them something similar to what they’d see being created today.” Each set of three releases will feature never-before-seen triptych cover art, showcasing the major heroes and villains from Dragon Ball Z’s three major sagas. Included in the Dragon Ball Z Blu-ray Season Sets will be a nine-part extra features special that spans the entirety of the releases. Each Season Set will include brand new cast interviews, retrospectives, and fan submissions. Dragon Ball Z: Season One (Blu-ray) will be available online and at retail stores on December 31, 2013. To celebrate the announcement of this release, FUNimation is having a 4-day only, pre-order special on their website. From November 7 – November 11, fans can pre-order Dragon Ball Z: Season One (Blu-ray) for $24.74 (45% off).

Make room on your shelves because the Dragon Ball Z Season Sets are finally on Blu-ray! We embarked on a frame-by-frame restoration process to remove any blemishes, tape marks, and foreign bodies that might have tarnished your viewing experience. All three audio tracks have been re-mastered in the interest of noise reduction and superior sound quality.

TLDR
-Another re-release of DBZ on Blu Ray
-Widescreen with a statement to "ensure the optimal picture when converting from its native, full screen format"
-Episode counts identical to season sets (Orange Bricks)
-Three audio tracks (Japanese, English w/ Japanese music, English w/ English music?)
-First set pre-order set at $25, normally $45

Trailer

Levyne

Banned
Aww yeah, English Faulconer music! (?)

Don't hate!

Edit: Man, after looking at the trailer.. I dunno...the comparisons don't look super flattering...

Seda

Edit: Man, after looking at the trailer.. I dunno...the comparisons don't look super flattering...

Yeah, also still cropped. They probably just took the 'Orange Brick' footage and had those 'touched' up, added some audio options and there you go.

bigkrev

Didn't they stop making Blu-Rays last time they tried this because it was a total rip-off that no one was buying (like 13 episodes for 50 bucks crazy?)

And yes, fully cop to being a FLCL fanboy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
One day Funimation will exhaust ways to make money off of DBZ, right around the heat death of the universe.

They always have One Piece to exploit.

Initial DVDs
Collections
Super Collections
Full Season Sets
Blu-Ray!
4Kids set! (If Funimation can release the Ocean Dub of DBZ...)

Branduil

Cropping is immoral and should be against the law.

Stop catering to stupid people, Funimation. They can press the zoom, color saturation, and TrueMotion buttons on their TV themselves.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We can go lower

Big Green dub!
Malaysian dub!
The Harmony Gold Dragon Ball dub that changed Goku's name to Zero!

EDIT: Korin was called Whiskers the Wonder Cat. Holy shit that DBZ Abridged joke just got 1000 times funnier.

MikeMyers

I am king of the Bleach fanboys

Sorry Beam from mangaf has you beat there RIP in peace

Am I still king of Inuyasha fanboys when we crossover with anime/manga gaf?

Yeah... well... I'm always under the impression that 98% of the time fillers suck.

2% being InuYasha

Sailor Moon filler is good too. Sometimes i can't even tell if inuyasha episode is filler or not.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=2585

TLDR
-Another re-release of DBZ on Blu Ray
-Widescreen with a statement to "ensure the optimal picture when converting from its native, full screen format"
-Episode counts identical to season sets (Orange Bricks)
-Three audio tracks (Japanese, English w/ Japanese music, English w/ English music?)
-First set pre-order set at $25, normally $45

Trailer

That's cool, but I already own the Dragon Boxes.

Aww yeah, English Faulconer music! (?)

Don't hate!

I like the Faulcouner score especially in the Buu arc, but it never shuts the fuck up.

The rock the dragon box set was truly about as low as they could go

Yeah, $100 for an edited audio swap, and piss-poor packaging.

They always have One Piece to exploit.

Initial DVDs
Collections
Super Collections
Full Season Sets
Blu-Ray!
4Kids set! (If Funimation can release the Ocean Dub of DBZ...)

Not to be rude but I thought OP wasn't as popular in the US as it was in Japan?

The box says it's Dragonball Z, but it's actually 4Kids One Piece!

Bleach: It's like us, but with swords!

MikeMyers

Funi Vs Viz:

Funi:
1.) Single Sets
2.) Season Sets
3.) Dragon Box
4.) Rock the Dragon
5.) Blu-Ray

Viz:
1.) Single Volumes
2.) VizBigs
3.) 3-in-1's
4.) Coloured Z.

Viz you gotta catch up!!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After watching the Kai Dub I attempted to finish up the original show in it's initial season release dvds. I barely made it to the end of the World Martial Arts Tournament before giving up and deciding I'll just wait for Kai.

Kai is the superior product.

MikeMyers

Shippuden in one image:

tumblr_mvm3adrkUL1sbm3oeo1_500.gif

Raxus

Actually fox it leaked earlier this morning (not that it matters now) so I saw a bunch of reviews for it when I woke up this morning. Nice surprise.

Needless to say the episode is craaaaaaazy.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Am I still king of Inuyasha fanboys when we crossover with anime/manga gaf?

Sailor Moon filler is good too. Sometimes i can't even tell if inuyasha episode is filler or not.

That's cool, but I already own the Dragon Boxes.

I like the Faulcouner score especially in the Buu arc, but it never shuts the fuck up.

Yeah, $100 for an edited audio swap, and piss-poor packaging.

Not to be rude but I thought OP wasn't as popular in the US as it was in Japan?

Bleach: It's like us, but with swords!
when I was a young fox I didnt even know inuyasha had filler, it might aswell have all been cannon to me, I think it all fits into the inuyasha world well anyways

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Actually fox it leaked earlier this morning (not that it matters now) so I saw a bunch of reviews for it when I woke up this morning. Nice surprise.

Needless to say the episode is craaaaaaazy.

It was great yeah, next is the infamous episode number 7 and even trigger knows it.
im expecting a swerve lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom