• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
All of the original Naruto openings are fantastic except for the harbinger of doom, the bell that rang out the horrible two years of suffering, the god awful sixth opening.http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=kRwj1Gcyqck&v=s2wIfy0b18Q

I like that OP, actually. It was really different from the others and I was surprised when it first showed up. It grew on me. Its really kind of a chaotic and strangely emotional song and I thought it worked well for the events that were happening at the time, especially combined with the gloominess of the visuals. Too bad it was placed at the very end of canon. I agree that the filler was hell.

Seda

LvytJ4y.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Hate the song, hate the muddy look of the video, hate the absolutely crap episodes that have this beginning besides the very few canon episodes. The filler actually gets better as it goes along but the first year or so of it is absolutely the worst. One horribly animated arc after another, all with this awful opening.

Hate the song, hate the muddy look of the video, hate the absolutely crap episodes that have this beginning besides the very few canon episodes. The filler actually gets better as it goes along but the first year or so of it is absolutely the worst. One horribly animated arc after another, all with this awful opening.

Man God does not like pop punk-ish music.

at least he still likes Great Teacher Onizuka.

MikeMyers said:
My Will > Change the World. But I love OP5 to Inuyasha.

what ending plays during that one?

Amikami

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv5YV7zuWkA

This is my way of the ninja all time favorite Naruto ending.

What the heck, I do not remember this OP at all. The song, yeah. I love parade but I was certain it was the video where Naruto was in space being followed by some animals or something. Eh, Some Naruto opening are weird.

Edit: There we go, Man God. I don't know where space came from, but I knew it had something to do with animals. lol

Levyne

Banned
Aside, I wish they'd sprinkle the music videos in more often. We see them the week they show them off and then seemingly never again.

Amikami

Banned

Yeah, that's a pretty good one. Made me suddenly remember that 6 minute Naruto and Sasuke 2011 OVA with the ED Mayonaka no orchestra (Can't remember the number but the one with Sakura in the shower.), anyway that was playing. Damn, it's pretty much impossible to find the OVA unedited on youtube. That was so hype back when I first saw it. Gotta find a way to see that again.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, that's a pretty good one. Made me suddenly remember that 6 minute Naruto and Sasuke 2011 OVA with the ED Mayonaka no orchestra (Can't remember the number but the one with Sakura in the shower.), anyway that was playing. Damn, it's pretty much impossible to find the OVA unedited on youtube. That was so hype back when I first saw it. Gotta find a way to see that again.

It use to be on youtube in its original form until very recently, like literally a month or so ago, I know because I listend to it recently aswell, the last time I did every video of it was edited really rubbed me the wrong way.

Seda

I'm sitting here bored at night so here are some thoughts on Shippuden and Toonami's acquisition.

I started watching Naruto (and Bleach) a ways back for no real reason. I was bored and they were popular and so I figured why not. I enjoyed Naruto at times, a fair amount actually, but I was never totally amazed by it. It's a occasionally semi-competent Shounen at best, speaking generally. It had some pretty cool moments though, which is what kept me watching. Shippuden really is a slog for a while, and many of the other criticisms have been thrown about a bunch already so I won't repeat them. I got up partway through the Pain Arc, and kind of stopped due to lack of interest (and word of mouth of things going even more south from there weren't encouraging either).

Oddly enough, I have said several times that my favorite arc (well, sort of a mini-arc) is in Shippuden, and that's the one that features Shikamaru. It's relatively well paced, hits a good mix of emotion, action, suspense, and has a satisfying conclusion (partially, the Shikamaru part of course). I'm happy I'll be able to watch it again with a group but that won't be until 2015 :(

Anyways I always felt having original Naruto sitting in the second spot was weird. It's one of the older shows in the block but it's sitting up front. It's popular enough to do well enough though. I have to wonder if this was the plan the whole time - as in, they knew Shippuden's rights would be free in 2014 and decided to run the first ~50 episodes of Naruto beforehand anyway. It's plausible but I still have to wonder how much foresight they had here.

Shippuden does 'fit' better up front, being more recent (and more popular?) despite the issues it has. Skipping the majority of the good part of Naruto is annoying, to new viewers especially of course, but also because people like me anticipating some of those moments for a while and now they'll be skipped.

It's hard to speculate what the generic or more casual fan will do, but I suppose the obvious main reason for this move is the assumption that Shippuden will rate better than Part 1? Anyways Naruto will hold the spot for a while and this is probably a good move.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if they knew far ahead of time and could have swung it, i.e. they knew they could get the rights and could show regular Naruto whenever they wanted they would have just started with the bring home the sauce arc and done it that way.

LOLDSFAN

I'm happy I'll be able to watch it again with a group but that won't be until 2015 :(
Ah that's crazy to think about. My life will be quite different by 2015. I'll be done with college, have a full time job, and could possible be married/dating.

Then there's One Piece. I'll be retired by the time we catch up to the sub. :p

MikeMyers

We should assign a ToonamiGAF member to at least one of these lists:

Bleach Fanboys

Naruto Fanboys

One Piece Fanboys

Soul Eater Fanboys

Sword Art Online Fanboys

FLCL Fanboys

Star Wars Fanboys

Fullmetal Alchemist Fanboys

Ghost in the Shell Fanboys

IPGX Fanboys

InuYasha Fanboys

Raxus

People are arguing that My Will isn't the greatest ED of all time?

I can't even

Real Folk Blues

Thematically ties with the series and not to mention it is boss.

FLCL's Shooting Star takes 2nd and My Will would probably take 3rd in my eyes.

4th would be JoJo's Roundabout but that is cheating.

What if instead of cropping the opening and the endings, they crop the flashbacks instead?

Then 15 whole episodes of Naruto would exist.
You guys think I am joking? :(

We should assign a ToonamiGAF member to at least one of these lists:

Bleach Fanboys

Mcxc

Naruto Fanboys

Foxuzamaki

One Piece Fanboys

BassForever
B-dubs
Bat Dan
Metron
And many many more

Soul Eater Fanboys

User with black star as his avatar (too tired to remember sorry)

Sword Art Online Fanboys

Lololol

FLCL Fanboys

Big krev

Star Wars Fanboys

BassForever
Foxuzamami

Fullmetal Alchemist Fanboys

Everyone

Ghost in the Shell Fanboys

Been asleep during this so far :X

IPGX Fanboys

Mcxc

InuYasha Fanboys

Mike Meyers

Off the top of my head and half asleep, please feel free to add/update lol

mhs004

So we are skipping the best fights in the show and the parts that made me a Naruto fan and replacing it with were the show starts to suck horribly making me hate the franchise? Sweet fits well with Bleach and SAO.

Raxus

I am a one piece fanboy, FLCL fanboy and a GitS fanboy (almost still have to compete season 2).

I am a fan of making fun of SAO if that counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom