• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Why would Kirito care about killing some douche that just murdered someone in front of him and then tried to take his life? Not everyone has some traumatic breakdown after defending themselves so that criticism is a bit of a reach. I haven't read the light novels but maybe they touch on it there, why waste time and budget listening to the two main characters talk about how they "feel" after doing what needed to be done to a villain?

Also, the show uses a lot of timeskips. I'm not exactly sure how much time passed in-between the duel and sex scene. Maybe someone else could elaborate.

If you think of yourself the way kirito clearly thinks of himself, a lack of reflection on the fact that you killed a guy is pretty jarring.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
eh. see, that just leads me to question the decision to refer to it as "marriage"

Yeah. I really don't know why they went the "marriage" route. I'm sure a simple, "let's go out" could've sufficed but I think they wanted to do it for dramatic effect and marriage carries a more serious connotation so they went with that method. It's all semantics and diction really. I hear marriage but I understand it as dating. w/e.

If you think of yourself the way kirito clearly thinks of himself, a lack of reflection on the fact that you killed a guy is pretty jarring.

Yeah. This is the guy who still thinks that it was his fault for why the cat guild died after TWO YEARS. Granted he's young so w/e connotations that has can be sort of legitimate but still. LOL.

Jintor

An anime with a sociopath as its hero would be pretty interesting.

Wait, was that basically what death note turned out to be?

An anime with a sociopath as its hero would be pretty interesting.

Wait, was that basically what death note turned out to be?

Just because you have a god complex and kill millions doesn't mean you're a sociopath
i can't believe people argue that

Azure J

As someone who has finished SAO and Dexter, I can say that my tolerance for stupid is higher than I previously thought. It may also have to do with my irrational need for closure for TV series, even the terrible ones, that pushes my onward through all the sewage.

Honestly, I have this exact same complex about starting things and seeing them through to the end and I'd have dropped this around the Bedroom Loli Invader episode (Ep 3) if I didn't fully embrace the "hatewatch".

We really should set some of ToonamiGAF up with mics and do a MST3K style reactions track for SAO at this point, there's no further good to be gained from watching it normally. I still can't fucking believe there were people (whose opinions I respected) that told me this was the must watch of last year while being totally serious about it.

In other news, Kill La Kill NEEDS to be on Toonami.

Honestly, I have this exact same complex about starting things and seeing them through to the end and I'd have dropped this around the Bedroom Loli Invader episode (Ep 3) if I didn't fully embrace the "hatewatch".

We really should set some of ToonamiGAF up with mics and do a MST3K style reactions track for SAO at this point, there's no further good to be gained from watching it normally. I still can't fucking believe there were people (whose opinions I respected) that told me this was the must watch of last year while being totally serious about it.

In other news, Kill La Kill NEEDS to be on Toonami.

That would require repeat viewings of SAO which most Toonami GAFers wouldn't be able to handle

#lichlaugh

Azure J

That worst anime thread is making my blood boil in a bad way. Must stay away.

COWBOY BEBOP HAS AWFUL MUSIC. You can't hide from the truth man.

g6164d148.png

g99701abe.gif
g99701abe.gif
g99701abe.gif

Jintor

I've been thinking about this a little now, but have you ever seen a show that gives a bad first impression (and I mean a bad first impression) get good over time? I've seen good shows get better and bad shows get worse, and good shows degenerate, but never the reverse.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been thinking about this a little now, but have you ever seen a show that gives a bad first impression (and I mean a
first impression) get good over time? I've seen good shows get better and bad shows get worse, and good shows degenerate, but never the reverse.

Apparently Fate/Zero.

Of all the complaints I never thought I would hear, Bebop having bad music was probably one of the last ones on the list

Yeah, that complaint came out of nowhere. I mean, each episode has a different genre of music with some pretty good tracks. How can you say it has a bad soundtrack?

I've been thinking about this a little now, but have you ever seen a show that gives a bad first impression (and I mean a bad first impression) get good over time? I've seen good shows get better and bad shows get worse, and good shows degenerate, but never the reverse.

I'd say igpx gives a bad first impression but only gets better as time goes on.

shit, the thread was locked

edit: And I'm glad someone mentioned Rin: Daughters of whatever. That shit should be a future preshow block show

Azure J

I don't know if it's because I haven't encountered it, have but keep it lost in the mix of "watched but unremarkable" anime I've seen in the past, or another such possibility, but I can't think of any and that's really weird.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
People who haven't seen all of SAO before may not want to click that link cause it has characters who won't appear until the second half of the series
Copy/paste info, then. Censoring characters/locations not yet revealed, just to be safe.

The time and date have been revealed for the upcoming Sword Art Online: Extra Edition TV special. It'll be airing at 10:00 pm Japan time on December 31 of this year. For those of you with Nico Nico access, the special will also be streamed live at the same time.

As for the content of this special episode?

Little
Yui
wants to see a whale, so Kirito and the gang take on an underwater quest in
ALO
. Much to everyone's shock however,
Leafa (Suguha)
can't swim! Asuna and the rest of the girls decide to take her to a pool
in the real world
to help her learn how to swim. Meanwhile, Kirito meets a certain individual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom