• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT7| I Don't Believe It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

No point in holding weapons in both hands if there are no skills that are supported underneath it.

It's not really about the underlying game logic, it's really more about how it appears to viewers. It's like as if his specialty was axe proficiencies or something. "OH MY GOD HE CAN USE AN AXE!" "NONE OF US CAN USE AXES!" "HE TRULY IS A BEATER"

I don't care how unique your skills are in-game. It's a fucking standard-ass MMO trope to be able to dual wield. It's not impressive.

How uncomfortable must it be for the nurses taking care of all the SAO people having to deal with them getting boners and shit. Kirito's mom comes and visit and he's off in Aincrad giving Asuna the DLC. Can you say Awkward.exe?

How uncomfortable must it be for the nurses taking care of all the SAO people having to deal with them getting boners and shit. Kirito's mom comes and visit and he's off in Aincrad giving Asuna the DLC. Can you say Awkward.exe?

You know the sad things is

SPOILERS FOR SECOND HALF OF ANIME DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

that might explain why after seeing her comatose brother for two years his little sister wants his D so badly

SPOILERS FOR SECOND HALF OF ANIME DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

I'm 20 (for the next month), by the "creepy factor" age rule 17 is the minimum not creepy age for me right now. Those gifs still make me cringe though but I feel it's for entirely different reasons, like how awkward the clothes removal and close ups are regardless of age.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
In exchange, she's giving Kirito an Expansion Pack.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's not really about the underlying game logic, it's really more about how it appears to viewers. It's like as if his specialty was axe proficiencies or something. "OH MY GOD HE CAN USE AN AXE!" "NONE OF US CAN USE AXES!" "HE TRULY IS A BEATER"

I don't care how unique your skills are in-game. It's a fucking standard-ass MMO trope to be able to dual wield. It's not impressive.

Regardless of whether it's impressive or not today, the fact that dual-wield exists as a unique skill creates that state of "impressiveness"

Jintor

I propose we do some consolidated reaction posts at the halfway mark, Episode 14, and then again at the finale.

You know, I think SAO is a fucking terrible show but I'm really glad Toonami picked it up. I am having a blast.

Regardless of whether it's impressive or not today, the fact that dual-wield exists as a unique skill creates that state of "impressiveness"

You're not picking up what I'm putting down. I fully get why the idiots in the game world treat it like it's a wonderful special snowflake. But as a viewer with a functioning brain, expecting me to be impressed by it is completely fucking ludicrous.

It felt to me like the author thought of dual wielding later on in the series as opposed to it being planned from the beginning. You would assume any competent MMO would make dual wielding an option from the start.

I'm 20 (for the next month), by the "creepy factor" age rule 17 is the minimum not creepy age for me right now. Those gifs still make me cringe though but I feel it's for entirely different reasons, like how awkward the clothes removal and close ups are regardless of age.

I'd find it creepy at 19. At 21 I feel like a total creepo.

kayos90

I propose we do some consolidated reaction posts at the halfway mark, Episode 14, and then again at the finale.

You know, I think SAO is a fucking terrible show but I'm really glad Toonami picked it up. I am having a blast.

You're not picking up what I'm putting down. I fully get why the idiots in the game world treat it like it's a wonderful special snowflake. But as a viewer with a functioning brain, expecting me to be impressed by it is completely fucking ludicrous.

What did you want him to have? Eight-sword style? Even if the viewers don't think it's particularly impressive I think it's perfectly fine as long as its existence is contextualized. Take for instance Fate/Zero. This past week we saw Lancer use an ability that I don't think sounds particularly impressive but after seeing it in context of the fight and how things develop, it becomes impressive to me, the viewer. If you don't think it's impressive, fine. There's really nothing much more to say.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I dunno, I may be 23 but even if I were 19 she still looks like a little girl to me. Why can't we have more dead-sexy grown-ass women in anime? Why is it always teenage girls that look like they're 12-14?

The age of anime girls is so inconsistent, girls who look like they're 17-24 end up being 14-16 and girls who look like there 12 are often 18-21.

kayos90

Eh... I'm sure 16 year-olds having sex is not that rare but at the same time I'm still offput by that notion of it.

EDIT: Was anyone not creeped out by Asuna's stalkerish tendencies? Like... she was watching what kirito was doing the entire time and came to rescue him because she was constantly looking at the map. I'd be pretty creeped out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Age has little to do with it for me. Both Kirito's and Asuna's personalities are horrid.

True. They're both horrible people. Why can't we follow Klein around instead? We seem him for maybe 30 seconds every few episodes and in those moments it's obvious that he's a total bro.

The age of anime girls is so inconsistent, girls who look like they're 17-24 end up being 14-16 and girls who look like there 12 are often 18-21.

I just want a grown-ass woman to look like a grown-ass woman. Like Angel.

Eh... I'm sure 16 year-olds having sex is not that rare but at the same time I'm still offput by that notion of it.

EDIT: Was anyone not creeped out by Asuna's stalkerish tendencies? Like... she was watching what kirito was doing the entire time and came to rescue him because she was constantly looking at the map. I'd be pretty creeped out.

For real, it's creepy. Kirito should run far away.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Chris Rock: If a girl says she's 20, and looks 16, she's 12. If she tells you she's 26, and looks 26, she's damn near 40!

Seda

True. They're both horrible people. Why can't we follow Klein around instead? We seem him for maybe 30 seconds every few episodes and in those moments it's obvious that he's a total bro.

Klein should have saved Kirito when he was dying.

Jintor

What did you want him to have? Eight-sword style? Even if the viewers don't think it's particularly impressive I think it's perfectly fine as long as its existence is contextualized. Take for instance Fate/Zero. This past week we saw Lancer use an ability that I don't think sounds particularly impressive but after seeing it in context of the fight and how things develop, it becomes impressive to me, the viewer. If you don't think it's impressive, fine. There's really nothing much more to say.

I think I said exactly what I would have liked him to have had - something akin to the bullshit shining finger ability he pulled out of his ass. That at least would have had some narrative tie-in. Fuck, if he had shot kamehamehas I would have at least have been "That seems like a unique skill".

Fair game if you think there's not much to say on it. I guess there isn't. I'm just pointing out another reason SAO stands out as being fucking stupid to me.

Eh. I felt it was understandable in context - Kirito loses duel, forced to join guild that kinda just shat on him, must party for dangerous quest with asshole Asuna knew Kirito had beef with earlier (not sure if Asuna knew he was in the party, but whatever). Plus seems like a decent reaction when someone you care about could potentially be walking into an ambush. And at least they dropped the news that you could be friend-tracked by map a few episodes ago. (But you can't see other people's true levels, ammirite)

If I were in Kirito's shoes I wouldn't be upset at all cause she totally saved my life... of course were I in Kirito's shoes I'd do everything differently.

I just want a grown-ass woman to look like a grown-ass woman. Like Angel.

Amen brother

kayos90

Oh yeah. I know this sounds like complete shit, cuz it is, but Asuna is apparently the most gorgeous looking girl in the game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah. I know this sounds like complete shit, cuz it is, but Asuna is apparently the most gorgeous looking girl in the game.
& as we all know, if a girl is gorgeous in the game, she's gorgeous in real life!!

....right?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Schadenfreude

alg-chris-hansen-jpg.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Right? I know we have some middle-aged people who play video games on GAF, but there are droves of them in SAO.

Actually the majority of gamers today arent kids anymore, but the 18-35 people and that number will continue to grow really until we die out, the 70s, 80s, and 90s video games were known to be just for children, but then those children grew up, So I would say SAO is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom