• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The Persona thread joins the following:

FFXII to 360
DQIX on DS; X on Wii
A Next Metal Gear Is..?
Wii Will Rock You's "Viral" Layton Marketing
Megaman Legends 3 Cancelled; Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Announced (with Character Leaks)
Orth-gate
MS E3 Kinect reveal
Microsoft E3 2013
Sony's Playstation 4 event
Super Smash Bros. 4's reveal (and the preceeding Nintendo E3 Direct)

And many more in being one of those Gaming Side Moments™ that make me so happy I took the chance and registered for the forum in 2008. Holy. Fucking. Shit.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Really, it seems pretty expected, I mean lot of jubilation and lacking in meltdowns.

Ultratech

zlCfzRM11CEX_pCQ05

Aww yeah, that Log Horizon mention.

Seriously, it's pretty good so far. None of SAO's silly BS.

DATABASE! DATABASE! LIVING IN THE DATABASE!

Page 80ish til page 110ish was pretty melt down and epic rage. The level headed users did begin to melt down after the dancing game was announced as the "3rd game"

I probably would've been pissed too if the dancing game was the last game they showed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuuuuuugh, I stayed up for a few minutes of GitS, next thing I know it's 5:45, so I go back to sleep & wake up at 10:45 with a headache.

As for Persona, surprised to see three games at once. PQ looks okay, though I might have to wait for more info since I never got into the EO series which it seems to be based on. P4D looks decent considering it's being made by the guys who did the Project Diva games, plus if it has P4 (& hopefully P3) music, I'm on board. P5 is a thing that's confirmed now. Now I just want Atlus to confirm US releases for those (& P4A2).

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I don't care about the Persona franchise but I was amazed at the full blown hate for 3DS during the announcements.
KuGsj.gif

Then it was a complete 180 once P5 was announced and it was coming to the PS3.

Anyway I enjoyed seeing the reactions even though I was up way too late.

Cwarrior

having them look clearly off model doesn't count as not giving a shit? the stuff you linked was fine. but that's not what we were watching.

Some of it is intentional like the luffy running scene grining his huge teeth, my bad any ways turns there isn't a pattern since this the fourth episode by the guy toonami aired first being zoro sanji groggy match second half, finishing luffy vs foxy fight and aokji vs luffy. Around water 7 Tate starts experimenting with his style, this episode was his weaker ones which is what happens when he isn't given enough time between episode to work on the next(normaly they get a 9 episode gap to the next ep not 4).

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRM1rEUzSm9iWk

Crona can't deal with big boobs close to popping out like that

It's rare to see plush flesh pressing against a spiders web, and it not be something horrific. I give the animators their props for this, lol.

I'm so sorry, SAB. I left the thread so fast because of Persona that I didn't even have time to check out your drawings. Superb work as always, my good man. I especially love your Bankotsu one. That is exactly what his thought processes are like.

Totally fits with "Distraction Night!", haha. Ban-San Has only one sword Halberd in his life! 'like Like buying a loaded oversized SUV...

Good stuff, SAB. Needed some Tom playing Killer Instinct, though. :p

Haha, I thought if I threw any more KI in there, I might be over doing it, heh heh. WHY WAS HE PLAYING FORZA!?! *ahem* Toonami's all about action... and... well, there IS IGPX.

Aww yeah, that Log Horizon mention.

Seriously, it's pretty good so far. None of SAO's silly BS.

DATABASE! DATABASE! LIVING IN THE DATABASE!

Yeah, really liking the show, reminds me of classic anime oddly enough, even it's modern anime ideals are well balanced and non-annoying.

Shiroe-Sama, is it ok if I Knee this Perverted Idiot in the face??

I TOLD YOU TO ASK BEFORE YOU DO IT!

Thanks! I had too much fun with the FLCL one... I wanted to draw the whole episode. "If Seven of Nine heaves a sigh, what do you get?" It's got to be one of my favorite, most-quotable episodes of animation ever... Dat Naota Gun-Cock'n! *KaChik!*

Amikami

Banned
Thanks! I had too much fun with the FLCL one... I wanted to draw the whole episode. "If Seven of Nine heaves a sigh, what do you get?" It's got to be one of my favorite, most-quotable episodes of animation ever... Dat Naota Gun-Cock'n! *KaChik!*

Yeah. That was a real good episode of FLCL last night. My favorite so far and it might stay that way since I think there's only one more episode. That went by fast.

Out of curiosity SAB, what is you favorite show on toonami? What's your favorite thing to sketch?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
FLCL
GitS:SAC
Inuyasha 2
Soul Eater
FMAB
Naruto
Inuyasha 1
Bleach
Clone Wars
SAO
IGPX

Another week where I enjoyed almost everything shown.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even then I didn't really dislike any of the shows from this Toonami. SAO was a bit down from last week until the last few minutes amped it up, Clone Wars was a boring story told well and IGPX had a lot of Brother doggie.

Soul Eater felt right for the first time since the Excalibur episode.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah I don't care about the Persona franchise but I was amazed at the full blown hate for 3DS during the announcements.
KuGsj.gif

Then it was a complete 180 once P5 was announced and it was coming to the PS3.

Anyway I enjoyed seeing the reactions even though I was up way too late.

I was the same, full on meltdowns everywhere lol

As much as I appreciate what MS did for Toonami, I wish they would have coughed up a bit more dough so we could get at least 3 different Clydes animations. We only got to see the same Clydes 3 or 4 times last night. Oh well. We just need another corporate sponsorship.

mhs004

Sorry guys my friend offered to chill last night and so I didn't get to watch Toonami. I can't say no to getting intoxicated.

As much as I appreciate what MS did for Toonami, I wish they would have coughed up a bit more dough so we could get at least 3 different Clydes animations. We only got to see the same Clydes 3 or 4 times last night. Oh well. We just need another corporate sponsorship.

Yeah. Though I am glad we now have a bump similar to the space/robot stuff from TOM 3.5 instead of only general "coming up next"

Sorry guys my friend offered to chill last night and so I didn't get to watch Toonami. I can't say no to getting intoxicated.
This is exactly what happened to me, one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in 7 months came into town so blacking out was mandatory.

I will post my toonami impressions later tonight or early tomorrow.

mhs004

This is exactly what happened to me, one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in 7 months came into town so blacking out was mandatory.

I will post my toonami impressions later tonight or early tomorrow.

Is that Yuske and Kuabara holding cups of sizzup in you're avatar or am I just imagining things?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With ratings like that though I presume its safe until whenever they start airing Final Act as I kinda doubt they'd put on three episodes of Inuyasha a night.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah. That was a real good episode of FLCL last night. My favorite so far and it might stay that way since I think there's only one more episode. That went by fast.

Out of curiosity SAB, what is you favorite show on toonami? What's your favorite thing to sketch?
Almost impossible for FLCL to overstay it's welcome, though I wonder if they'd stretch themselves thin if they did a regular 26 ep series...

My favorites and favorites to draw often vary wildly. I watch SAO pretty intently since it's the show that's most new and "interesting" in a way, and I also enjoy getting to draw RPG-isn designs due to it. And while this was like my 3rd time seeing "The show which shall not be named" (Watched each ep eng and jp before), I really quite enjoyed excuses to draw Tenchi Muyo designs.

Love Symbionic-Titan... dislike drawing it, since it forces me to look at the designs less in a "cool part of the show!" way, and more of a "ARGH, WHY ARE THESE GUYS SO FLAT AND ILL PROPORTIONED?!?" way, ha. I actually rather liked drawing Thundercats too, it's designs really make me wish the show went on, with, y'know, some actual writing quality and plot cohesion.

Inuyasha I must have seen 10s, if not 100s of times, but I really enjoy the anime's artstyle (especially the earlier eps, there is a time in the middle where I don't like the faces as much...), and I'm pretty much always entertained by it, because I like the characters, and Takahashi's art.

I actually felt great to see IGPX again, and for it's first run, I really enjoyed it. Now in the 2nd run, there's so little left to actually draw of it, that it's a chore on that front. And it's so fresh in memory, that I'm a bit indifferent.

Star Wars is probably my least-liked show on the block ATM, it's pretty good when it's good, but similar to SAO, I feel like I'm rolling my eyes at half of what is said and done... for very different reasons, though.

First time I saw FLCL, it was through region-free (fansubs?) before the US release, when I was in a Tech School. The Pillow's music has that perfect sound of "Messing around on a free, lazy summer's day", and you layer on one of the weirdest slightly-off styles that Yoshiyuki Sadamoto has ever used in his life... and the show turned me into an eternal fan. The English VA's do awesome work, too, and I think Mamimi is one of the only main roles where I don't notice Stephanie Sheh as that character. Though it's impossible not to sing "OVERLORD! OVERLORD!" when Naota talks.. *ahem*

I guess it'd be my current favorite basically, with FMAB and Soul Eater following up somewhere. Seen them both before too, and they both manage to remain interesting, but FMA trumps SE in everything but youthful style and flair.

Probably WAYYY more answer than needed, but I read the Question yesterday, and it's been swimming in my head since then!
Nice work SAB. I had to go to sleep early after One Piece. Catching up now. Going into finals week suuuucks.

Thanks, and hope you do well on your finals!

Amazing stuff as always Sab, forgot to comment on it do to the Persona madness this morning lol

It's distractions week, P2, so totally understood! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom