• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

Looks like Naruto might be coming to an end? :eek:

An announcement has been made on the Japanese television show "Sakiyomi Jan BANG," that Naruto is in its final phase of Masashi Kishimoto's story-line. It was announced back in July 2012 that the story was approaching its climax.

Below is the statement given by Kishismoto during the show:

"The battle of Naruto and his comrades is in its final phase, in the truest sense of the term. About
the Ten Tails
, about
Madara
, and then, about Sasuke…I will continue to raise the tension without restraint, in every way I can! Please follow this story of a boy named Naruto a little while longer, I will greatly appreciate it."

Source

Raxus

I wonder what he means by final phase? Bleach has been in its final phase for the past few months and is on track to end next year...ish. I wonder if Kishi plans a final arc after the latest one.

It's been fairly obvious to anyone that's been following the manga that Naruto is close to ending. I was just waiting for an announcement to make it official. I expect maybe one final arc to tie up the loose ends (late Naruto manga spoilers)
Sasuke coming back to the good side and wanting to be Hokage too
and that's it. Unlike Bleach, there's always been an endgame in mind for Naruto.

Sidenote: Be on the lookout for a SAO-sized package in your mailbox this week, felllas: http://www.facebook.com/SwordArtOnlineUSA/posts/596373300398655

Yeah I figured it was from that, but I forgot that I had 'won' anything, it /was/ back in April or May.

Which one did you get, btw? I got a little thing with child Ace on it. Would have preferred something with Luffy on it, but Ace is cool too. Or maybe a little Chopper figure. That would have been the best.

Shitty. Especially that chick playing Dead Rising 3. Corny as hell

MS advertising wasn't that bad. Didn't even show up that much.

It was much worse in Key and Peele. Think of all the advertising done in the entire night of Toonami condensed down to 30 minutes.

Yeah outside of the first hour there was nearly nothing. Just a we're watching X on Xbox One

Yeah, the advertising wasn't bad at all. They didn't even do the "You're watching on Xbox One" thing for every show which I thought was weird.

I wonder if Krev broke down and purchased an X1

Seda

Which one did you get, btw? I got a little thing with child Ace on it. Would have preferred something with Luffy on it, but Ace is cool too. Or maybe a little Chopper figure. That would have been the best.

Usopp

(Water Seven spoiler!)
Actually it's a Sogeking wanted poster.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
By the way can anyone tell me what the episode numbers were for each show last weekend? I'm ready to relax and catch up.
Bleach - 324
Naruto - 51
One Piece - 233
Soul Eater - 39
Sword Art Online - 17
FLCL - 5
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 15
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 54
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 5
IGPX - 5
Inuyasha - 110 & 111

Instead if making one big impressions post, I'm just going to watch it all now and update throughout the night.

Bleach 324
Just finished Bleach and thought it was a solid episode overall. The pacing was definitely off at the beginning but things started picking up once the Captains entered into the precipice world. Speaking of which, this sparked my biggest issue with the episode. How did manipulating time around the restrictive current (the stuff chasing them) make it move any faster when we were told it reacts to high levels of spiritual pressure? Also, what was Konamura thinking using bankai in that situation? There was literally no need to do it.

The Kenpachi fight was HYPE! Old man genocide being a badass was cool too and I'm loving the animation this arc, there clearly was a bump given. Things only keep getting better from here folks, this is some of the better Bleach filler.

Also, I would not want to piss of Captain Unohana. Bad move Kageroza.

Naruto 51
We got a lot of exposition in this episode but it was still freaking awesome outside of Choji getting destroyed in record time; what a useless shinobi.

So Orochimaru is willing to start a world war over the sauce? I know he's strong but the kid is a 12 year old genin, aren't there stronger vessels? Either way, his chat with Kabuto showed just how chilling of a character he can be. I'm getting the creeps just thinking about this dude...

I was really surprised at the skill of Kabuto, taking out an entire Anbu black ops squad is damn impressive as was escaping from Kakashi. Orochimaru said he was as strong as Kakashi but I'm wondering if that's really the case..I could see him being a major threat in the future.

Naruto v Neji? Sasuke v Gaara? Oh god, this is getting soooo good. Kakashi is obviously training Sauce for the finals but who is this pervert guy again?

One Piece 233
This is my second time through Water 7 but the Going Merry still illicits the feels. I'm glad toonami gaf got their first glance at Franky and next week shit goes down so jump aboard the hype train.

I'll just leave my comments at that to avoid spoilers.

Soul Eater is next

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto has been in it's final phase for what seems like most of the last two years.

FMA also took forever to end from when things started wrapping up.

Because it was monthly.

Also One Piece only has another nine or ten years left according to Oda.

Jintor

Oh my god, SAO.

"Can you feel where my hand is touching you?"
"GASP IS THAT A PRIVATE PIXIE"

this is five minutes in lol

Anyway, SE was a nice bundle of feels

Amikami

Banned
Damn, I don't want to see Naruto end. It's been apart of my weekly schedule for years. Gonna be painful.

Oh my god, SAO.

"Can you feel where my hand is touching you?"
"GASP IS THAT A PRIVATE PIXIE"

this is five minutes in lol

Sometimes I wonder if SAO does that shit on purpose.

Jintor

"Daddy, would it be alright if I slept next to you?"

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh this is greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

OH YEAH HAND ON SHOULDER. THIS DOESN'T FEEL WEIRD AT ALL, KIRITO

Why u no log out

Jintor

oh jeeze

ohhhhhhhhh jeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

"Have I ever laid hands on you when you didn't want me to?"

*Jams a finger in her mouth*

Raxus

I miss my animated christmas avatar.

x3zum.gif

Tomorrow is gonna be my watch the shows I fell asleep during ^///^ really embarrassed about that, dunno why I thought I could work then 9 hour marathon without any caffeine -.-

Will probably watch some more FMA 03 in a little bit, will post impressions on twitter.

Generally I don't like doing themed avatars for the holidays, but just for giggles I searched Bass EXE Christmas and found this

0rDuvXw.jpg

Already resized it I guess I'll rock it after Turkey Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom