• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT9| This thread is made of LOVE and PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just realized that was the final big bad of FMA 03.
As far as I'm concerned, FMA 03 never happened.

The only way Hughes is "better" in 03 is because he has more scenes cause he dies way later, in reality he's the exact same
annoying
character in all 3 versions. All 03 does is give him more scenes squealing over his wife and daughter.

Well, one of the things that FMA did try to explain is the history of both worlds, and alchemy gaining prevalence in Amestris in place of hard science is why it didn't turn out exactly like Earth. That's a core tenet of the series. Going back on THAT would be an actual plot hole.

"Oh Amestris and Earth turned out so different."

"Why? They can both use alchemy."

"Oh uh, good point."

If alchemy was allowed on Earth, by the rules FMA established, it would be exactly like Amestris was. And then it wouldn't be Earth, and then using it would be essentially pointless.

I guess I see what you're saying now. That is pretty firmly ingrained in the existence of this universe. I would argue that could've used some more focus, however.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I remember REALLY disliking this part of the movie. Because it makes Ed out into someone who always wants to go away.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Oh yeah I remember, he fucking went back into the other universe and left winry that piece of shit ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom