• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The origin of that scar....still hasn't been answered and it drives me NUTS.

Later spoilers
We kind of got an explanation. In a brief flashback in Fishman Island, we see Whitebeard lay his claim to the island. Teach is with them and he's wielding a claw weapon. It's likely that's how Shanks got the scar.

LOL THIS OLD MAN IS ON LIFE SUPPORT, SOME PIRATE.

BETTER RUN GUYS, HE MIGHT HIT YOU WITH THE NAG-NAG DEVIL FRUIT POWERS.
If anime ever taught me anything it's taht old dudes who look part skeleton can kick the ass of all the youngsters without breaking a sweat

Moaradin

We've got a big filler arc after a couple of episodes, don't we?

Dammit. I heard the upcoming filler is awful.

We got a little bit of filler coming up before it goes back to canon to finish this arc. After that is a bunch of filler that I heard was pretty bad. Never watched it myself.

Hawkeye was the one that wrecked the shit out of Zoro in like the second arc, right?

Yup.

AYG4E.jpg

this dude

BatDan

I could have sworn this was mentioned a long time ago no?

We only knew that Shanks and Buggy used to be crewmates. We didn't know what flag they worked under.
This was the first time it was mentioned to be Gol D. Roger's crew.

Mik317

IMO the next canon arc isn't even that great until near the mid point. The pacing issues really begin to rear their head. As for the filler arc? ehhh there are worse filler arcs..its not good tho.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, some real ass info that some of you folks who missed the first 200 episodes will need to know for the remainder of the episode.

I'll spoiler this just in case you don't want to know it, though it's all past info:

Ace, you know, Luffy's brother? He's out hunting down a pirate named Blackbeard, a.k.a. Marshall D. Teach. He was originally Ace's subordinate in the 2nd Division of the Whitebeard Pirates before he killed a man and went rogue. Since then he went on a rampage on Drum Island (causing the king Wapol to flee the country) and eventually turned up on Jaya where he met Straw Hat Luffy and attempted to capture him for his big fat bounty. Since then we haven't really seen him. Or Ace, for that matter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hawkeye was the one that wrecked the shit out of Zoro in like the second arc, right?

Yep, Hawkeye is the strongest swordsman in the world. He cut a goddamned galleon in two with his sword and wrecked Zorro with a tiny tiny dagger.

Moaradin

I still feel like Buggy is gonna be the dark horse of this series. He's gonna come out of it being the king of the pirates or some shit. There's a reason he was part of such a legendary crew.

BatDan

IMO the next canon arc isn't even that great until near the mid point. The pacing issues really begin to rear their head. As for the filler arc? ehhh there are worse filler arcs..its not good tho.

It's better in the manga.
Then again I say that about the whole series.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

We got a little bit of filler coming up before it goes back to canon to finish this arc. After that is a bunch of filler that I heard was pretty bad. Never watched it myself.

Yup.

AYG4E.jpg

this dude
Ice Hunters ain't that bad. The truly horrible filler is either long gone or years from where Toonami is now.

The actual filler arc is fine, it's the random one off filler that's coming up which is terrible

Mik317

It's better in the manga.
Then again I say that about the whole series.

no doubt. I am caught up with the Viz Releases in the manga and use the anime to catch the awesome moments animated (dAT Sabody Punch doe...wooooo) and things I missed.

I recommend everyone to do the same.

Grexeno

If I remember right he was confronting Blackbeard at about the time Luffy and the Straw Hats were on Skypiea.
No he was not. Alabasta was the last time we saw ace. We last saw Blackbeard chasing after the Straw Hats in Jaya before they flew up to Skypiea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom