• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the biggest difference between Gurren Lagann and Kill La Kill is that the former is enjoyable.

....If I had a mic, I'd drop it right now.

They are both ridiculously overhyped but Kill la Kill is way worse. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it's a bad show the second half but I'm one of the few in here who thinks that way,

This gif is too large and too long.

Overheated my phone.

LOLDSFAN's gif?

Maybe that was just from your hand blushing so hard.

Because you wish Kirito was holding your hand.

I do apologize for using twitch emotes.

I use them because I'm an asshole.

They are both ridiculously overhyped but Kill la Kill is way worse. In fact I'd go as far as to say that it's a bad show the second half but I'm one of the few in here who thinks that way,

The overhype for Gurren ended up with me being disappointed with it. I remember hearing KLK was popular, but it looked too stupid for me to bother with it. Then I checked out the first episode on Toonami, didn't care much, but before I knew it, it ended up being the show I was really looking forward to each week.
:/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
tbh Gurren Lagann's best aspect is probably its pacing
Agreed. What made it great was the fact it was paired with the slow build up of increasing the sense of scale of the world. We start underground, make it to the surface, have a small robot, get a giant robot, get a WALKING BATTLESHIP, take to the skies, get a GIANT BATTLESHIP DISGUISED AS THE MOON, go to space, SOMEHOW EVEN BIGGER ROBOTS, then freakin' galaxy size.

It makes for a great journey when you look back & realize how "small" things started out with.

The fighting in Sailor Moon always seem to involve less punching and kicking, and more slapping and pushing to be honest.

I think I recall one episode where Serena tried to do a flying kick, and just completely missed.

Raxus

Don't worry your tiny shota mind about it. He is just fishing for a weekday ToonamiGAF™ lewd post.

The fighting in Sailor Moon always seem to involve less punching and kicking, and more slapping and pushing to be honest.

I think I recall one episode where Serena tried to do a flying kick, and just completely missed.
It is a series where roses were deadly projectiles.

It is a series where roses were deadly projectiles.

This is true.

I recall even Tuxedo mask didn't fight really. You would think he would have a sword or something.

But he either fought with weird party tricks, or his most common weapon, roses.

_____tuxedo_mask_rose_throw_attack_ver2.gif

....Do those energy attacks just suck or something?

...Remember the filler saga when, for some reason, he became an Arabian knight?
tumblr_msk0w5wlvi1r7kr84o1_500.gif

This is true.

I recall even Tuxedo mask didn't fight really. You would think he would have a sword or something.

But he either fought with weird party tricks, or his most common weapon, roses.

Back before Crystal came out, I remember that one reason given for the manga being better than the anime was that Tuxedo Mask actually did have attacks other than his roses.

Soulflarz

Banned
https://soundcloud.com/samuelcoenen/demo-recording-evil-voice

Im posting this again because I still want feedback, do you guys think this is worth putting on a demo, any suggestions for the acting part? script was just something I found

This is so anime x.x

and fine- constructive criticism time- I feel like the voice kind of breaks character on the word "slow", I just don't know how to fix that >_>

(Honestly, find something not dubbed yet, do your own voice over a character in the context so that we can have an idea)
like uh, how my friend did it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNfQOLfW3wI

though that takes a lot of extra effort, soo

Line_HTX

They said that it's going back to being a monthly release. I don't believe that'll last longer than a few months, but who knows.

Didn't that go on hiatus because supposedly the author was doing something else?

I should watch and read it, because I saw how funny the outtakes were.

Line_HTX

People like AIDS more than long running shounen confirmed.

Heh heh heh...

The final arc wasn't bad. Like some people said, it was better than some of the egregious shit in SAO II. I liked Mother's Rosario arc too.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom