• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep15| You got the edge! You got the power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great night for Toonami overall, I can't think of the last time every single show on the block was this solid. Even the worst show of the night SAO was still entertaining in a "what is this and what is it doing in SAO"

SAO>AGK
Though Bass did explain to me why he finds SAO less entertaining to watch, and I can understand his reasoning.

AgK is straight up shlock from episode 1 scene 1 and doesn't really pretend to be anything other then grim dark harem shenanigans and I love it bad dub in all. I can see why the bad dub is hurting some people's enjoyment of the show/enhancing others. AgK also has an action scene in every single episode IIRC and are generally enjoyable from a dumb shonen perspective as you never know who's going to walk out of a fight alive.

SAO gives the allusion that it'll actually be a legit good series before squandering it's potential into being a series of horribly written nonsense that has no idea if it wants to be and changes it's identity constantly. SAO goes episodes at a time with no action just boring dialogue and the rare time we do get action there's zero tension as none of the MC are ever going to die/fail.

Seda

It's just kinda weird that, Annie being a titan really isn't that surprising. It's a pretty easy pill to swallow. She was detached, serious & aloof. Not really a team player in the first place in any sense. So Eren's refusal to accept it is strange.

I can understand not wanting to fight your old team mate but it's not like Anie was Ms. Friendly. You probably hardly ever talked to her.

This is mostly all anime bs filler, in the manga Eren pretty much goes straight Titan after Mikasa/Armin yell at him in the tunnel. It was mostly an excuse to give the b-tier characters an action scene while Eren "hesitated"

It's just kinda weird that, Annie being a titan really isn't that surprising. It's a pretty easy pill to swallow. She was detached, serious & aloof. Not really a team player in the first place in any sense. So Eren's refusal to accept it is strange.

lol yeah I guess she kinda is the worst undercover mole ever. Girl kinda stands out with her unfriendliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom